Crybaby

Damien squeezed Mia's thigh in approval and sat her down in the passenger seat, so that he could take her home.

She's spent the last few days in his company and although he was a selfish man, he didn't want to pull her away from her family; especially since Andra already disproved of him.

On the drive home Damien noticed that Mia still seemed upset but why?

He continued on his way, sparing her a side glance every so often until a sniffle sounded from the sullen girl.

His eyebrows furrowed and he pulled into an empty McDonalds parking lot before turning off the car.

"Mia what's going on?"

Damien's voice cut through the soft sniffles, the deep baritone almost shaking the vehicle.

Mia shook her head slightly, tucking herself closer to the window.

Damien frowned at her lack of reply and felt a pang or concern strike him suddenly.

He had never seen the blonde doe eyed girl so...sad.

She was always smiling albeit quiet around other people. But he wasn't other people.

He reached out and gently turned her face to meet his and the sight broke his heart.

Mia's eyes were red and swollen, the blue orbs swimming in unreleased tears. Her small button nose was twitching with every drawn breath, and her plump lips trembled as she gazed at the taller man.

Damien's grip tightened when she tried to pull away from his grasp.

"Baby if you don't tell me what's wrong, I'm not going to be happy." Damien's words where assertive and promising and he tilted his head as if to challenge her to lie.

Mia's chest felt as if it were going to burst. She thought she was fine after talking with Damien, but she wasn't.

She had never felt this way in her life. As a sheltered child she had never needed to question her self-worth or self-confidence, as she had no one to compare herself to. She had no one.

These foreign emotions were spilling out and crashing into her all at once and she didn't like it. She wanted it to stop.

"At the movies I noticed that I ate a lot more than Lorelei..." Mia spoke softly and he voice wavered in nervousness.

She twisted her fingers with her hands and peered out the window, finally free of Damien's straining grip.

"I've never had these feelings before, I feel bad. Like bad about myself."

Mia bit her lip and looked down at her thighs.

"I think Lorelei is prettier than me and I feel jealous I think." Her eyebrows furrowed in thought before she rushed out her next words. "I don't want to be but—"

"Stop talking."

Mia's head whipped up at the sound of Damien's voice.

"What did I tell you about putting yourself down like this."

Mia looked back down and fiddled with the end of her skirt.

"To not..." She mumbled.

"Look at me."

Hesitantly but surely, Mia met Damien's eyes and she struggled to hold his intense gaze.

"You are beautiful. So goddamn beautiful do you know that?"

Mia's cheeks flushed but she didn't dare remove her eyes from his blue ones.

"Inside and out, you're perfect. There's not a thing about you I would change."