41. Mr. Ladies man

I was actually giddy as I got ready that morning. When Trevor texted me last night that he wanted to spend the day with me I couldn't keep the smile off my face.

We both knew that lately things had been rough between us but I just knew that a day just the two of us was exactly what we needed to get right back to where we were before. I was falling for him and I knew it was just a matter of time before that certain four letter word tumbled out of my mouth. I was on the edge and with one small push I knew I'd fall completely.

The sound of the doorbell caused me to rush as I tried to get my shoes on. I wanted to be the one to let him in but my feet didn't seem to want to slip into my vans easily.

When I finally got both on I rushed down the stairs.

"When are you going to get her home by?" My brother asked, his arms crossed across his chest.

"Jackson." I shook my head.

"Yes?" He looked at me.

"Leave Trevor alone. I'll be home whenever we are done."

"Have fun." He grumbled and walked off.

"Your brother is nice." Trevor smiled and took my hand as he led me to his car.

"Sorry he's just trying to be the protective big brother even through that's like the opposite of who he actually is." I told him.

"I meant what I said, he was nice. I've definitely dealt with worse."

"Oh really? Dealt with lots of overprotective brothers Mr. ladies man?" I raised my eyebrows at him and laughed.

"Shut up." He nudged me.

We both knew he wasn't like that but it was still fun to tease him every once in awhile.

"Do I get to pick the music?" I asked looking at Trevor's radio.

"Absolutely not, remember what happened last time." He shook his head.

"I didn't think it turned out so bad." I grinned.

"It definitely didn't." He leaned over and gave me a quick kiss before starting the car.

"So about these overprotective brothers." I chuckled.

"You really want to know?" Trevor asked.

"Yes I'm dying with anticipation over here." I joked.

I didn't know how much I wanted to hear about Trevor with other girls but I felt like I should probably know at least something about who he's been with in the past.

"It was my first date. I was super nervous obviously. I had asked this girl out and we were going to the movies. It was a nice night, we shared a popcorn. So once we got back to her house I walked her up to her door and before she went inside I kissed her. It only lasted a second because her brother swung the door open and punched me in the face." Trevor told me.

"Oh my god." I could control my laughter.

"It's not funny." He tried to hide the smile that had spread across his face.

I couldn't even answer him because I was still laughing.

"Ok it wasn't that funny." He shook his head.

"Sorry." I calmed down.

"You got any disastrous dating stories?" He asked moving the attention off him.

"Nope." I lied.

I had a story, it was not as bad as Trevor's but I don't think there are many that are worse than Trevor's.

"Really none? I find that hard to believe."

"There might be one." I shrugged.

"Holding out on me Ella?"

"It's not as bad as yours."

I didn't know if I wanted to tell Trevor this story. I think it would be better if it just didn't get told.

"I want to hear it." He urged.

"Trevor I don't think you do." I shook my head.

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Do you really want to hear about me with another guy?" I questioned.

"Lay it on me." He ignored my concerns.

"Ok so I was with Holden, my ex. Well his dad walked in on us, like nothing too severe, we were fully clothed nothing bad but I got so spooked I freaked out and I'm not even sure how I did this but I ended up falling right on my ass on his hardwood floor and bruised my tailbone. It hurt for weeks."

Trevor laughed and just shook his head.

"How did you even do that?" He chuckled.

"I don't know somehow I just catapulted myself off the bed or some shit like that." I laughed with him.

"I'm glad I'm not the only one with a disastrous story." He grinned.

"Yeah I still like yours way better."

"It is a great story." He agreed.

"Trevor!" I pulled his arm.

"Yes?" He gave me an amused look.

"Can we go to the pet store?" I pointed to the shop right next to the spot we had grabbed lunch.

"You want to go to the pet store? You do know you don't have a pet, right?"

"Well not yet." I said frankly and just pulled him into the store.

"You want to get a pet right now?" He questioned.

"I am not getting a pet. We are getting a pet." I corrected him.

"I don't think this is a great idea. I don't know anything about taking care of another living thing." Trevor tried to reason with me.

I had my mind made up and he was not going to change it.

"Come on it will be fun, we can pick one out and name it and take care of it. We can do all of it together." I smiled.

"I don't know," he sighed.

I steered my way through the store until I found what I was looking for.

"Do you want to pick one or should I?" I looked over at my boyfriend.

"You want to get a fish?" He looked at me.

"Yeah I am not ready for like anything more than a fish." I told him.

"I like that one." He pointed to the black one with hints of blue in it.

"What should we name him?" I asked him.

"Ferdinand?" He offered.

"Ferdinand? Really?" I raised my eyebrows at him.

"I don't know it was the first thing that popped into my head." He shrugged.

I chuckled and looked at the fish that Trevor picked out. I probably wouldn't have picked Ferdinand as my first choice but the more I looked at the fish the more it grew on me.

"Ferdinand it is." I agreed.

A/n:

So I am getting my wisdom teeth out in like a week. I get them out on Monday so it shouldn't interfere with my uploading but I'm super anxious about getting them done. I really don't like medication and try to avoid it the best I can but I know I'll like die if I don't take meds after the procedure. I'm going to look like a chipmunk and my face is already round enough. I'm going to try my best not to let my friends see me because it's going to be rough.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter, if you did don't forget to comment and vote.

-Cora Leigh