Chapter Twenty-three

Luke's P.O.V

The rest of the week flew by in an instant. We won Saturday night's game, and I once again got to play the entire time. I almost felt bad for Kason, who desperately wanted the chance to shine, but Coach Braxton refused to put him in. I guessed Coach Braxton was just trying to push me to my limits to see if he could find any faults in my gameplay.

The band of course sounded amazing, and it excited me even more that Chloe was in the stands watching the game, rooting for the team with the rest of the Bama crowd.

That night my parents called me to congratulate me on my win, and we talked until eleven o' clock about the game, grades, and campus life. I fell asleep that night exhausted and hoped that the next day would be better, but I knew deep inside me it would be better because tomorrow I got to see Chloe.

I woke up that morning at eight o' clock feeling refreshed and energized for the day. I didn't feel like working out since I played a game yesterday so instead I just chilled on the couch playing Call of Duty with Jacob.

"God fucking damn," Jacob blurted out when he died in the game. He pointed at the screen accusingly and looked at me with angry eyes. "That motherfucker is a hacker, Luke. Did you not see the kill cam?"

"Calm down, Jacob," I laughed as I shot an enemy player with my M60. "Don't worry about that guy, we'll just kill him later."

"We better or I'm reporting him," Jacob sneered, his attention now back on the screen.

My phone interrupted the game by buzzing, and I was about to ignore it except I saw who sent me a message.

Chloe: Hey are we still meeting up at 1 in the library?

Oh shit, I forgot about that. I need to call the library to reserve a room. I set down my controller, picked up my phone and quickly began texting away.

Me: Yeah but let me check to see if the rooms are still available.

Chloe: I thought you already called them to reserve a room or...?

Me: Sorry about that. I got too caught up in school and the game that I forgot about that. For some reason I thought I already did it.

Chloe: No you're fine :) Do you want me to call for you?

Me: If you want to.

Chloe: Okay I'll see what I can do

Me: Thanks :)

"Luke, who the actual shit are you talking to right now? Who could be more important than blasting that hacker's ass?" Jacob scoffed, running his free hand through his perfectly gelled, blonde hair.

"Chloe," I said simply and set my phone down.

"You and Chloe huh? I never thought you'd want to bang that girl twice," Jacob shook his head, his piercing blue eyes glancing in my direction.

Huh? "Bang Chloe twice? Jacob who the hell are you talking about?" I asked, my eyebrows scrunched in confusion.

"Chloe Marshall," he stated as if it were obvious, rolling his eyes.

"Jacob I'm talking to Chloe Claire, not Chloe Marshall. And where did you get the idea that I banged Marshall for the first time?" I was now super confused.

"Because some of the guys and girls at our school said you did when you two went out junior year of high school," he said.

I didn't know whether to be shocked or laugh at its ridiculousness. "I mean yeah we dated junior year, but we never did that sort of thing," I said as I watched my character in the game die to the 'hacker' player. In fact, I never did that sort of thing with any of the girls I had ever dated, but I wasn't about to tell Jacob that. He would say I was psycho since I have never had sex with anyone before, but to be honest, that was the way I wanted it to be. I wanted to wait until I was married to the perfect girl of my dreams. Jacob would just laugh at me for wanting that.