19 | chapter nineteen

— SEXUAL CONTENT —

Niklaus Wade

           Elijah has been on edge for days now. What I mean by that is, we all now have a curfew to abide by, not that I ever actually went out in the first place but it was weird. We have to get home by nine o clock which, in itself, is quite early especially because we're all teenagers with the exception of Nash who is an adult. It isn't hard for me to follow the new rule because I never went out to do anything and if I did go out to a movie night with Hazel which is the only real activity I actually did, I'd always be home before eight because I enjoyed doing things when the sun was out.

Caspian only followed the rules because he wanted to pretend to be a good son who could only do good things when he really he wasn't like that at all by any means. Nash wouldn't follow the rules because he didn't want to so he didn't. Elijah would get livid as Nash came home at mid night or even after mid night. I wondered what he did that late, the lick of jealousy lathered my insides but I was too unsure to ask about it so I never brought it up.

When it came to me being out only when the sun is out, it's something quite personal to me.

I would never tell anyone this but I'm madly afraid of the dark, it isn't just a fear for me, it's a phobia. There are too many things wrong with me to count it all at once and it made me feel like I was some freak of nature because when other people did things, they did it easily but when I did it, my body reacted before my brain even caught whiff of what I'd just seen or looked at.

Blood, the dark, glass, bodily touch, much more I couldn't even come to describe. I trapped myself within my own bubble that I allowed no one to penetrate their way through.

"Except for Nash," Nate says in a sing song tone.

I blush.

"Yeah, except for Nash," I agree with him without a second thought.

"Wish he'd be penetrating his way through something else..."  Nate trails off.

I didn't know what he meant by that and Nate hadn't elaborated on what he meant so I let it go because I wasn't heavily intent on knowing what he meant. By the tone of my wolf and the way he said it, I could tell that it was something dirty. Nate and I are alike in small ways such as our tendencies to be complete home bodies and enjoy the wistful currents of the wind as it brushed past our fur/skin.

We also had the same taste in food minus Nate's urges to want to combine weird foods together even though he knew it'd potentially taste gross. Something that set my wolf and I apart is the fact that Nate is quite the...well, he's like my inner hoe. Sexual things came out of him that made me blush, what's worse is that he'd sometimes push his way into control at the worst times and I'd end up doing things I would've never had the courage to do.