Sang Yunxie 1.11

Author's POV:

It was a hot day and there were multiple men outside camp tents cleaning their weapons.

They were in a military camp. Although they were in the middle of a war. All of them were making casual conversation like if they weren't going to die the next day.

Unfortunately, their posture said the opposite. Although, you couldn't see it at first glance, all of their guards were up. Ready to take on any sort of attack.

Inside one of the tents was an eighteenth year old youth with a cold expression on his face. Although, he was extremely handsome. His beauty was consealed by his cold demeanor.

He was sitting elegantly behind an escritory, reading a weekly report. With a cold aura surrounding him. The letter was sent to him from the capital with information about major events.

As he read it his elegant brow started furrowing. Apparently his mother decided to allow a woman to participate in court affairs. She didn't pick a woman from a strong scholarly family but one of his wives, that he hadn't even met.

He could only inferred that his mother was trying to take revenge against a certain official.

Although he trusted and owed his mother a lot. He was worried that she was making a decision based on impulse.

So he quickly snapped his fingers making a figure dressed in black appear.

This was one of his shadow guards. He frequently went to the palace to retrieve messages and reports for him.

"What can you tell me about this girl?" Asked the youth. Not bothering to look at the man in the eyes.

"She's the daughter of general Sang and godly doctor Sang. Her majesty the empress dowager, took a liking to her since she was a child and has been visiting the palace for years. Approximately, two weeks ago she willingly entered your harem. She's rumored to be a great beauty and a great doctor. She has help many nobles while assisting her mother cure deceases. Also, I assume that she's extremely loved by her father. When I visited her residence to get more information on her, I was quickly surrounded by shadow guards. Their martial arts were very unique so, I assume that they were trained by general Sang," the man skillfully said. Not leaving anything out and talking in a respectful manner.

The youth didn't show any reaction to his words and maintained a cold face.

"Make sure to keep an eye on her, " he said dismissing the man and going through other documents.

Although it wasn't physically visible he was very tired. Ever since, he was a child he slept with his guard up. Waking up at the smallest movement. Unfortunately, in recent years he hasn't been able to fully fall asleep. He simply closed his eyes to conserved his energy and was never able get his guard down.

In the past he would've never called himself a cruel person. However, at this moment that's exactly what he would described himself.

He lived in the war. All of his life all he did was fight. He killed multiple people without a bit of remorse. Earning fame throughout the continent for his amazing martial skills.

He suddenly stopped looking at the documents and opened an old letter from his mother.

With words full of remorse for leaving him alone and promises of creating a home for him. Where he won't have to worry about anything.

For a short period of time he stared at the letter getting a bit homesick.

He decided to get back work and put the letter in a safe place.

Going over a well drawn map with incomprehensible codes inside.

He figured that he was gonna need three more years to conquer half of the continent.

At that time he was planning to return home and leave his sword. So that he could focus on creating a family and find the love that he never got.

---------------------------
Author's note: Sup sugar cane,

I know this is short but I just wanted you to get a little peek into the Male lead. Since, I'm gonna be making a time skip yeah!!! We're finally gonna start the story with all of our characters living under the same roof. I'm scared😣😣😣

Love,

Lilac❤