Where the Apricots Grow

"Chyna!" Cottons voiced cried out, hardly two feet into Anse's mountain home she had crushing arms around her as Cotton hide his face into her shoulder

"Chyna!" Cottons voiced cried out, hardly two feet into Anse's mountain home she had crushing arms around her as Cotton hide his face into her shoulder. "I missed you." He said grinning into the fabric of her shirt.

Chyna chuckled quietly and pat Cotton's head "sorry Cot, I missed you too." She said, Cotton pulled away and gave her a bright smile. "I've been helpin' miss Iris help aunt Levicy and little cousin Elliot." He said with pride.

"Yous a good boy Cotton." Chyna said, Cotton glowed at her praise.

Cap laughed from behind the two "well hell its like I aint even here." Cap said. Cotton looked up at Cap eyes puzzled as he shook his head carefully "nuh Cap, you was here the night before - I seen't you already." He said.

"Cotton stop hoggin em! They came to see Elliot!" Sarah shouted from her mothers room. "Hey bat ears! Stop bein' so nosey!" Cap shouted back. "You better be nice or ima get Chyna on you!" Sarah called.

Cap looked to Chyna who's eyes read "don't"

Cap chuckled "I aint crazy enough to up and say nothin out loud. Promise." Cap said. Chyna nodded and turned to Cotton "come on the baby is awake in there." Cotton said leading them off towards the bedroom.

Cap rested his hands on Chyna's shoulders, "you owe me one for not sayin' nothing it was the perfect set up." He whispered eith s chuckle "get Chyna on you. That ain't s bad thing...ever" he mused quietly. Chyna could feel her cheeks heat up and her heart thump, clearing her throat she headed after Cotton.

Inside the bedroom Iris fussed over the baby while Levicy caught up on much needed sleep. "Poor thing musta been tired, sleepin through all that yellin you and Sarah was doin." Chyna said to Cap.

Cap rubbed the. Back if his neck "yeah, didnt think 'bout that." He murmured. Iris came to Chyna with the baby and gently nestled him in her outstretched arms.

"Hi Elliott" Chyna cooed, peering down at a little creature which looked up at her with dark shimmering eyes.

Unablebto help herself Chyna carefully bobbed the baby up and down. "He's so small, smaller than small." Chyna mused. Holding him almost made all the bad that has occurred seem distant, hazey like a dream that leaves the second eyes are opened - and you scarely remember.

The smile Chyna held on her face grew wider by the second as a faint tickle grew in the spaces inside her chest, softly warming the crinkles of her heart.

Cap's felt that ever noisey thing between his lungs tingling as it galloped in place, an ache that was far more sweet than painfull. That sort of excitment that taxes the body as its desperately contained, contained because there is nothing thaat could be done to speed up the waiting.

Cap walked up behind Chyna nestling a hand around her hips and leaned over her shoulder and looked down at his new brother with a small smile.

Iris raised an all knowing brow as she stood in silence and watched over the trio, while Sarah giggled quietly behind her hands which covered her mouth.