thirty three

It was a shame that I was already ousted. But it was fun, really.

I sat on the ground and watched the remaining players.

Beomgyu let out a free-spirited laugh. Plus, his eyes crinkled. I can tell that he's really enjoying.

Oh fudge, that was adorable.

After that, it's already recess time. Almost all of us went directly to the cafeteria without changing into our school uniform. If the principal sees it, he might scold us and give penalty points.

Beomgyu and I settled into our own table at the cafeteria.

To my amazement, I saw that his plate was already empty. But suddenly, he choked and started coughing. Tsk, I wasn't surprised at all 'cause he finished his food in just a few seconds!

I bought a bottled water right away and opened it for him.

He gulped the water and then, let out a sigh.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yes, I'm okay! I didn't eat breakfast so, I was really hungry." He gave me a reassuring smile.

🌰

Dismissal time, Yeonjun still have to practice so, I'll be going home alone. Suddenly, one of my classmate approached me.

It was her again.

"Don't you want to know the truth?" She asked.

I cleared my throat before saying anything. "I'm not interested."

"It's your choice to continue being friends with Beomgyu. But, I tell you. You'll just end up getting hurt." She said.

"What's it to you? Why are you trying so hard to meddle with others?" I said and frowned in annoyance.

"Can't you see that I'm just concerned?" She gave me a sympathetic smile, which I thought was sarcastic. "Beomgyu isn't the person who you thought he was."

"He isn't like that." I said firmly.

She let out a laugh and then, became serious.

She leaned in to whisper, "Don't act like you know everything because you don't."