Ch. 12

since i changed chan's persona, i also changed his backstory (which y'all didn't even know about prior to his personality shift hehe). you will be blessed with a remote part of his past.

-

The ravenette smiled down at you, his hand still gently placed on your arm. You were shocked, to say in the very least. A thousand questions ran through your mind. But, the most prominent inquiry in your brain was, how the hell did he find your room

"Hey," he said softly. "Long time no see."

You removed your arm from his light grip and punched him playfully on his shoulder. "Long time, my ass. You disappeared an hour ago." 

Kevin chuckled at your statement, his laugh filling your ears. You thought it was one of the prettiest things in the world. His laugh was such a clean noise--sweet and smooth as honey but still having the capacity to hold a boyish charm that made you swoon. 

He reached behind you, and you held your breath. 

The lights turned on. 

You exhaled in relief. Thank God he wasn't trying anything funny. You were tired of flirtatious men with intentions similar to those of fuckboys.

Kevin must have realized what you were thinking. He distanced himself, allowing you some more personal space. The young man looked down bashfully and placed his hand on his nape in embarrassment. "I, uh, wouldn't do that to you, by the way."

You looked up at his face, and found his sheepish expression. You responded with a hint of humor, "You don't seem the type."

He met your eyes again, his hand still resting on the back of his neck. 

You prepared yourself to defeat the dragon that was his flower-boy persona, and asked, "How did you find my bedroom?"

He tilted his head to the side and dropped his hand. "Promise you won't get mad at me?"

Your eyebrows rose. "I can't promise that."

Kevin bit the inside of his cheek. "I may or may not have asked one of the SKZ members where your bedroom was."

"WHAT?"

"I just wanted to surprise you. That's all. I swear!"

You glared at the boy, but his pure face was wrought with innocent nervousness, so you simply closed your eyes and sighed. "Who was it?"

"I don't know their names." 

"What color was his hair?"

"It was like, a really deep red."

Jeongin. That adorable brat. Then again, he was probably just trying to be helpful tour guide. But still a brat.  You're going to have to scold him tomorrow. "Hmm, I guess I'll let you off the hook this time, Kevin."

He breathed out in relief. "That's great to hear, Miss (Y/N). I thought you were going to behead me or something." 

You smiled at him and took a seat on your velvet couch. He, on the other hand, sat on your bed and grabbed a pillow. Inside, you admired his chivalry. Though the SKZ members were gentlemen, Kevin actually knew how to keep a "personal bubble". Especially if he was in a bedroom with a person of the opposite gender. 

He played with the tassel of your pillow. "I'm pretty sure you know my identity by now."

His statement took you aback. That was so sudden. "W-Well, yeah, I d-do know," you stuttered. You didn't expect him to say that so quickly. Kevin sighed and started to make braids out of the tassels. "Y'know, I didn't know my own, true background until last week. I can barely comprehend it, actually."