thirty four

Fresh air. It was what I needed right now. So calm, that it would make me close my eyes and just feel it. And that my worries would no longer be felt.

"Oh, you're here?"

I turned around to see Beomgyu who was standing from a distance.

"I just needed some fresh air," I said.

He sat beside me. I wondered why he wasn't saying anything so, I looked at him. He had an expression that can easily be interpreted.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing," He said, pouting.

It was obvious. His face says it all, that he's upset about something.

"I don't believe you. There's really something that's bothering you. Come on, tell me."

He stared somewhere in the corner, while I stared at him.

Oh my god, is he being sulky?

I opened my mouth to speak, but decided not to. Instead, I laughed.

"Why are you laughing?" He said in a cutesy manner.

Why is he still cute even if he's like this?

"Just tell me what's wrong so that I'll know." I muttered.

He sighed. "You didn't even tell me where you were. I was trying to find you."

I fell silent. It made my heart race.

"Look!" I exclaimed as I tried to change the topic. "There's a meteor shower!"

Beomgyu stood up and was astonished with what he's seeing right now. His excited voice over the meteor shower was so cute.

Wait, I can't believe myself. I never complimented someone for being cute. But today, I just did.

"You know, I'm happy that we're friends." I said in a soft voice. But, I think he didn't hear it.

I hope he could stay by my side, just like now. Thinking about it makes me happy.

I was unfortunate with having a broken family but, I was lucky enough to have friends like Yeonjun and Beomgyu.

Beomgyu turned to look at me. "Me, too."