•71•

Anger doesn't even begin to describe how Namjoon feels at the moment. Doesn't even touch on how his blood boils as he glances at Jungkook, who's walking next to him without a care.

Behind them, Seokjin and Soobin walk quietly. The press basically ate up the story of Jungkook taking on the role in his brother's stead, but Namjoon was clearly not happy about it, not considering the way his jaw was set in place.

Stopping in place and reaching out, Namjoon grabs his little brother by the wrist. "We need to talk," he tells him sternly.

"Namjoon," their grandmother warns.

Jungkook throws her a smile. "It's okay," he assures her, "You should rest. I'll talk to Namjoon-hyung."

The Royal Queen Dowager looks between the two, wrinkles heavy on her forehead as she frowns. "Behave you two," is all she says before she leaves them to it. Namjoon wastes no time.

"Take it back," he says firmly. "Go back and tell grandmother that you will not be in charge of producing an heir."

A frown appears on the young boy's features, he yanks his hand back, staring straight at his hyung with unyielding eyes. "No."

"Kook—"

"No."

"Just listen—"

"No."

"Yah!" Namjoon yells, eying his brother with a look of rage. Jungkook flinches but manages to hold his ground. Shaking, Joon takes in a deep breath, trying his best to calm himself. "Don't do this. You don't even like girls."

"You don't either," Jungkook retorts. "It would've been the same case whether it had been you or me. The only straight one among us was Geongmin-Noona and guess what? She's not here anymore."

"That still doesn't mean you should be the one to do this," Joon protests. "This isn't right."

"It's more right for me to do this than you," Jungkook insists. "Or is an heir more important to you than Jin-hyung?"

Namjoon opens his mouth to say something. He has nothing to say.

"Thought so," Kook says, voice lowered. "I have nothing to lose, but you do. That's why I'm the one that should do this in your place." He starts leaving.

"Jungkook," Seokjin calls out, stepping forward, "if this about Taehyung then—"

"It's not," Jungkook immediately answers, turning around and wailing his hands in exasperation. "Hyung, do you not support me either? Am I that unreliable."

Seokjin feels the drop in his stomach, Jungkook's eyes are glassy and it pains Jin. "No! It's just that I know that you—"

"Hyung," the young prince interrupts again, "No."

Pressing his lips together, Seokjin can't help but feel that he's going nowhere with this. "I just want to make sure that you're not doing something stupid because you're heartbroken or something." Enough people have done that already. His tone softens. "I'm worried about you."

Jungkook's shoulders relax, he sighs, scratches the back of his head. "I'm not stupid," he whispers. "I'm not doing this because of your brother. If anything, I understand what Taehyung-ssi is doing." His eyes flicker to Jin, firm and unyielding. "Jin-hyung. I'm underaged," he says, "I've got two whole years to wait before I'm an adult. Also," he points to the two of them, "you two are going to get married, that would make Taehyung my brother-in-law and that...that'd be weird."

"Taehyung is cool," the younger continues, "He's handsome and fun to be around, but he also made a choice. Despite that, I feel like you're trying to push him on to me because of a stupid crush I had and that's not right. So stop." He glances at the two of them. "I'm doing this for you two, so just stop."