Thirty Eight

Jordan

"Tea? Coffee? You hungry? We've got loads of breakfast! Juice? Orange or apple? I think we have pineapple too! How about some snacks? Fruit? Junk? We've got biscuits and crisps and-"

"Jordan. ." She sighed, running her hand through her soft hair. She licked her lips and met my eyes. I bit my bottom lip nervously, taking a seat on the other chair.

Cameron's hand slipped off her round stomach, clasping together on her lap. "I'm pregnant. . .clearly. Can you please say something?"

I rubbed my hands together anxiously, staring at the beautiful woman in shock. She was so hot! Everything about her was sexy! But I couldn't think like that. I could barely breathe.

There was no way, I, Jordan, was a baby daddy.

"How?" I bursted out, my eyes wide as I stared at her. "I don't understand!"

Cameron licked her lips once more and shrugged softly, sighing. "Well, when you and I met in France after I lost my tour bus, we spent that whole night together, remember? A-And you used a condom the first couple of times but then we did it in the morning again and. . .I don't remember you putting one on. . ."

"I always wear a condom!" But then I thought for a moment, hesitating. I thought of the long night we had together in that French hotel all those months ago. I groaned loudly, burying my head in my hands.

"I didn't wear a condom. I forgot."

"I know."

Sighing deeply, I ran my hand through my hair, my head to my fist as I stared at her, my eyes going down to my stomach. "It's. . .mine? Are you sure?"

She nodded, her hand going back to her stomach. "Yes. .it can only be yours. . ."

"How do you know that?" I seriously asked, not wanting to be mean but I didn't want to believe in the wrong thing.

She hesitated before confessing, "you took my virginity, Jordan."

Shaking my head, I exhaled in shock, rubbing my eyes. Licking my lips, I pondered for a moment.

Me. A father?

A baby.

I had always seen other people around me settling down and having a family. No lie, I loved children but I wasn't ready to have one - definitely not. I was a player, a bachelor. I wanted a relationship however I also wanted fun.

A baby held so many responsibilities that a person like me couldn't handle with. A baby ruined everything. I was a dad and I didn't even know how I felt. Did I want the baby? I couldn't just leave Cameron and my child.

I had to man up. I made the mistake of forgetting so I had to deal with the mistake. The mistake that was ours.

"I didn't want to abort the baby because I wanna keep it and be a mother," Cameron explained, her eyes intently on me. "I don't mind being a single mother, I don't exactly have anyone to support me but I'm fine on my own, that's how I survive so if you don't want a part in raising this baby, say it now because I don't need a man coming in and out of my baby's life. I told you because you deserve to know but just tell me if you're gonna run for the hills or be a father."