Chapter Eight - Fluff, Feelings and Kace

Mentions of suicide and self-harm.

I won't be doing a trigger warning since it is in the book summary but I will this time.

~~~~~

"I thought Krzysztof agreed to stay there... Yes I understand that he is eighteen now, but he's a risk to himself so surely he can't be let out... You can't just let him do whatever he wants he not after he almost died... Look when are visiting hours..." Viktor's speech comes out muffled but there is an annoyance to his tone.

I really shouldn't be eavesdropping, it was an accident. But who is he on the phone to? Who's Krzysztof? How did he almost die, "What do you mean he doesn't want to see me?.. Yes I am Viktor Alfonsi... I am his guardian... per l'amor di Dio ...When is his release date?.. Why can't you tell me that?.. Look just tell him I said I will pick him up when he discharges himself and to call me-"

"What'cha doing Alexander?" I whip my head towards Rafen in shock, "You know you really shouldn't eavesdrop. I'm sure Viktor wouldn't be very happy with you."

I can't dig myself further into a hole, "P-please don't tell him I am already in enough merde."

Rafen smirks lightly, "Maudissant aussi, Alexander?" My face contorts. Oh mon Dieu. I forgot he speaks French, "Tut-tut. Maybe you do need to be punished."

I step back so that my weight is pushed up against the door. "Y-you wouldn't." I cross my arms defensively.

He chuckles lightly, "I guess not." He leans in, his movements slow. I downcast my eyes and his hot breath hovers over my lips. He places his hand on the handle.

The door is pushed backwards, and I fall so quickly that my attempt to grab on to Rafen is futile. My back hits the floor first then the rest of my body follows.

"Ugh, what an asshole." I push myself up onto my elbows.

"Alexander." Viktor scold roughly. He gets up from behind his desk and strolls over to me. He appears upside down to me, I wave awkwardly. "I'm losing my patience quite quickly with you." He scoops me up, hands under my armpits and places me down onto a chair opposite the one he previously sat on.

"I'm sorry it was an accident. Both times. I-I mean I didn't mean to eavesdrop, or cum..." My rambling worsens as he narrows his eyes at me, "Wait. Sorry I wasn't eavesdropping, who said that? You know I can see you are pretty busy. Phone calls to make and what not. I'm just going to..." I spring out the chair and turn on my heel.

I reach the door and grasp the door handle firmly, before hearing a chair be pushed back.

"Don't. You. Dare." I tense my shoulders. My legs almost turn to jelly as he pins me up the wall. His hard chest is shoved against mine, our closeness making it hard for me to breathe. He grasps my chin tightly and I cower, "You know Alexander you remind me of someone. They used to get themselves in some sticky situations as well."

I furrow my brows slightly, "Was it the boy you were talking about on the phone?" I ask intrusively. I immediately regret my decision as he wraps his hand around my neck loosely.

"Excuse me?" He snarls. I whimper at his tone.

Tears spring into my eyes as his hand tightens when I don't answer, "Please don't."

He lets go and steps back swiftly. I fall to my knees without his support. "Alexander?" He questions quietly, worry lingers in his tone. "I'm sorry, I don't understand."

He goes to help me up, but I recoil into the sofa behind me.

I lean back against it, close my eyes and allow the waves of depression drown me. I sniffle. My hasty breaths quicken as I hear the door open then close. I let out a long sigh of sadness.