CHAPTER 14 - Everything Is Fine

"I guess this is goodbye, for now", said Barry with Nora and Laura by his side.

I was a couple days after the kidnapping, and it was time for Barry to get back on his Earth and for Laura to get back to her time. Laura who looked very nervous.

"Everything is going to be okay Laura", said Kara noticing the look on her daughter's face. "We've talked about this. There probably will be differences but hopefully nothing major. I mean, you still exist, that's a good sign."

Laura smiled and nodded.

"I guess I'll see you guys in a bit" she said while walking towards the portal to Earth-1 where Barry would send her back to her time. Before she walked in, she turned around one last time, "I love you guys."

Before Kara or Lena could answer Laura walked through the portal followed by Nora and Barry. The portal closed and it was like none of this ever happened.

***

A few hours later, once Alex had authorized her sister to go home, it was Lena who took her safely to her apartment. There was no way Kara was flying in her condition. They both sat on the couch and, without needing anyone of them to say a word, Kara put her hands on Lena's cheek and kissed her. Lena put her arms around Kara's neck to get her closer. Kara moved one hand on Lena's back who deepened the kiss. Kara was the first who broke the kiss:

"You have no idea how many times I've dreamt of that moment."

It made Lena laughed and Kara couldn't help but think this was all she wanted to hear for the rest of her life.

***

Alex was at Sam's place, waiting for her to say goodnight to Ruby.

"All good", said Sam when she came to the living room, "wine?"

"Sure."

Sam opened a bottle of red wine, poured two glasses, sat next to Alex on the couch and handed her a glass.

"Sam, we need to talk."

"Already?", said Sam, half-joking, half-worried.

"I just really like you and I want to do things right."

"Well I already met your mother so..."

"I know. But, this is really important to me. You know why Maggie and I broke up, right?"

Sam nodded, seeing where Alex headed.

"Before we go any further, I just need to know where you're at, and I know you already have Ruby and I love her, but I'd like to have a kid on my own someday. And if this is not what you want, I just-"

"I do."

"What?"

"I do want more kids."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I mean I was young when I had Ruby and I would love to have another child. Ruby is the best thing that ever happened to me."

Sam noticed Alex's big smile and laughed.

"Do you feel better?"

"So much better", answered Alex before kissing her girlfriend.