CHAPTER 15 - A Year and A Half Later

17 months later ...

"Honey, stop, we're going to be late, your sister is going to kill us."

"Humm, I can take her", mumbled Kara before kissing Lena. "But if I'm going to die, I really need to kiss you like it's the last time."

"Kiss hum? Then take your hand off my thigh."

"You just look so beautiful. I can't help it."

"Come on, we have to go. Aren't you excited to see Sam and Alex's new home?"

"You know what, you're right, I'm so excited!"

Lena laughed as she watched her girlfriend jump her way to the door. Lena was really excited too. It has been almost a year and half since Kara changed her life and she loved it. Everything seemed to work out well.

They drove to Alex and Sam's brand new apartment and joined the party on the roof.

"I mean they have an awesome roof, I love this place!" said Kara, not able to contain her excitement.

"Glad you like it!" said Sam coming towards them with drinks.

"Oh Rao, is that Alex behind the barbecue?"

"Yeah, your sister is not good at that", said Sam. "Winn and J'onn had it covered but she insisted to take over."

When she spotted the couple, Alex gave the skewer back to J'onn, who was more than happy to be back in charge of the barbecue, and came next to her girlfriend with two other guests:

"Hi guys! This is Brainy, he works with me at the DEO and this is Nia, his girlfriend."

"Nia Nal, so good to see you here", said Kara.

"You guys know each other?" asked Sam.

"Yeah, Nia works at Catco with me."

"What a small world", said Alex.

"The barbecue is ready! Let there be food", said Winn while him and J'onn were putting the plates down on the table.

Once the lunch was over, Alex looked at Sam who gave her a quick nod and got up off her sit:

"So guys, we invite you here, of course to see our amazing roof, but also to tell you that we brought this apartment because we had a response from the adoption agency, and we are going to have a baby."

Everybody started screaming, well mostly Kara, and congratulating the couple.

"This is awesome, have you told Eliza?", asked Kara, hugging her sister.

"Yeah, we called her last night, she wanted to be here, but she had a lot of work to do."

"I'm so happy for you guys. You are going to be amazing parents."

Once the dessert was finished, and everyone was chilling in the sunshine, Kara took her sister apart:

"I know this is your day, with the child announcement and everything, but I can't not tell you this today."

Kara pulled a little box out of her pocket and opened it. Alex smiled at the view of the ring.

"You're gonna propose to Lena?"

Kara vigorously nodded with a big smile.

"Wow, this is awesome, I'm so proud of you. So is today is the big day?"

"No, tomorrow. I know it's cheesy, but I'm going to take to that restaurant she loves on Fifth, and then we're going to head to the waterfront."

"Uh, that's where Sam and I kissed for the first time."

"Well, soon, it's going to be where I proposed to my girlfriend."

Alex smiled and hugged her sister.

"I'm really glad this is working out well. For all of us."

"Me too."

"So, I'm guessing the next step is the baby right?", playfully said Alex. "I mean, Laura is not going appear out of thin air"

"Well, that's what she did last time."

As Kara and Alex laughed, and everyone had a good time, it just seemed like the perfect day start building the future. Their future.

THE END