Treacherous 24

"Je vais bien."

What happened?

That was the question that had been pestering Jungkook's mind since the dinner at his in-laws' mansion.

Here he was now in the car, with the girl pressed up against him. His one arm around her shoulders as she sleeps against his chest. She fell asleep as soon as she was done crying. His fingers were drawing small circles on the girl's arm as he pondered about what just took place in the dinner.

He didn't know much about Mara's relationship with her father. Heck, he didn't know much about her relationship with her parents. What he knew was that they don't quite have a close parents-daughter relationship. It was rather formal ever since he met them. That's what he knew based on his observations whenever he and Mara would meet his in-laws.

But earlier was something else. She couldn't look at her father. Not even a glance.

Maybe they fought? That may be likely to his knowledge.

Whatever it was, it made the girl looked so vulnerable and in pain. He saw it. It was in her eyes.

And he doesn't know why but it urged him to pull her in a hug.

He never saw her vulnerable before. She refuses to. It was always her fierce side that he sees. It pulled something within him. He just can't grasp it.

"Sir, we've arrived." Yugyeom's voice was heard inside the car followed by the car stopping in front of his home.

He nods curtly and Yugyeom got out of the car to open his car door. Once he did, Jungkook stepped out and carried the sleeping girl in his arms the bridal way.

"Thank you Yugyeom. You may go home now after you put the car back. I'll see you tomorrow." He said and Yugyeom bowed to him. And with that, he started walking towards the front doors. With a little struggle, he was able to open the locked doors.

And once inside, he closed and locked the front doors back before starting to walk towards the stairs. There were no lights on except the lights over the stairs which he's very thankful for right now. It won't be easy to turn the lights on with the girl in his arms.

Upon reaching the guest room where Lisa was currently staying at, he went towards the bed and gently laid the girl down on the soft mattress.

After that, he sat down to remove Lisa's heels from her feet. He then pulled the blanket over her body to cover her.

He looked back at her sleeping face. Unconsciously, he lifted his hand towards Lisa and softly remove the hair strands that were covering her face. He took a deep breath then before sighing.

Her features were soft while asleep. Her cheeks still a bit stained by her tears from earlier. She's like an angel sleeping, he thought. A fallen angel.

And that's when he realized he's been staring a bit too long and thoughts of her undeniable beauty were invading his mind.

Well, she is beautiful. There's no denying that. He didn't deny that fact when he first met her. But he didn't say that to her out loud nor to anyone either.

It remained and will remain in his mind. No one needs to know all of his thoughts about the girl.

Then suddenly, her eyes fluttered open, their gazes meeting. No one said a word. Just staring.

There's one more thing that came to him as they continued to make eye contact. It's her eyes. He's never really been this close to her and have his full attention set to be able to see and just... look at those eyes of hers.