33.

What?

He never waits to see my reaction. The moment the car halts, he's out. Roxanna does the same. I stay seated and rooted. Shocked and sad.

"I remember where I met you." Lee's hisses at me.

I look around and realise we are the only ones in the car. Ryan is removing the bags from the boot.

"I said I remember where I saw you." Lee repeats when I don't acknowledge him. My mind is still preoccupied with Quinn's announcement to care what he has to say.

"The chix xxx club." He says with a smug and that is when he captures my attention. All of it. He smirks when he sees the raw surprise on my face. Like someone who has conquered several kingdoms he alights victorious. How did he find out? Am always extra careful not leave any loopholes.

My hands fly to my chest when Ryan knocks on the car's window and asks if am okay. Am still mad at him for bringing us here. I get out and follow him.

"Quinn... " His little brother Mets us at the porch. He launches at him and Quinn holds the little boy who is over the top happy to see him.

"What took you long? You promised to take me horse back riding." He looks up at him. Quinn opens him mouth to answer but the tapping sound of Courtney's heels stops him.

"Theo! Have you finished practicing piano?" Courtney hisses at the little boy who clutches onto Quinn's arm.

"My fingers hurt." He cries.

She huffs, "Sweetie, we can't be perfect if we are afraid of getting hurt." She glares at him.

Quinn sighs before talking,"Just go tell John to prepare one of the horses am coming to take you riding." He squats to Theo's height.

The boy dashes back to the house all happy. Courtney is clearly not pleased with Quinn undercutting her authority. "You do realise the engagement party is just hours away. He hasn't even learned half of the songs I want played." She half shouts at Quinn.

He remains calm and that is when Courtney sees us. Her eyes wander past me and back again to me. Like a bull ready to charge, her eyes turn dark and her nose flares up.

"What is she doing here?" The anger in her tone is sharp.

"She's my guest." Ryan, a few meters away from me, answers and looks at me. I avert my eyes from him.

Quinn walks past her into the mansion. Then follows Lee and Ryan with the bags.

Courtney walks towards me. And stands head to head with me.

"I hope you brought enough tissues to watch what you can't have been taken away from you."

I snort. I will not give her the satisfaction of always insulting me.

"I came with enough popcorns to laugh at the show." I look into her intimidating eyes.

Her eyes go wide and she twists her mouth in disgust, "Cross my path bitch and you won't like what befalls you."

I humorlessly huff. "My claws are sharpen, so bring it on. Bitch!"

She blinks twice clearly taken back that I had the audacity to tackle her. She expected I would recoil in fear. I'm just sick of her. She is the one getting engaged I should be the least of her problems. She sizes Roxanna, with her head high she marches back to the mansion.

"What is her problem with you? One would say she's threatened by you." Roxanna says.

My eyes circle our vicinity to calm myself down. The plantation and the rural setting it offers silence and a fresh breath of air. Quite an odd place to host an big engagement party. Especially for two powerful families.