Chapter Four

Akira decided to skip school today. Sojiro was pissed at first, but when explained the situation decided it was fine—he gave Akira a stern warning that he wouldn't get off easy in the future.

   Goro was mostly quiet when he woke up and failed to respond to anything Akira said. After about an hour, Goro was able to wake up a little more and tried to walk but nearly fell, Akira was quick to steady him.

   "Careful," he warned as he sat Goro back down, "you've been down for a couple days, maybe even longer."

   "What... happened...?" Goro's voice sounded hoarse.

   "I can't say I know. We're still figuring it out."

   "Mmm..."

   "Are you hungry? Thirsty? I can ask Sojiro to make something for you." Akira offered.

   Goro only nodded, a blank stare in his eyes.
Akira wasted no time in hurrying downstairs and having food brought up. After Goro ate and freshened up, he seemed awake enough to talk.

  "So how do you feel? What all do you remember?" Akira asked.

  "I remember being in the ship... and seeing all of you... everything after is all black..."

  "Do you still feel any pain?"

   "My entire body feels sore..."

   "I... I figured..."

   From the stairs, Morgana hid behind a step with a suspicious stare aimed at Goro. Akira shot Morgana a look before quietly sighing.

   "I was really worried about you, ya know..." he said.

"You were...?" Goro raised an eyebrow. "Why...?"

"Because... you're my friend... I was scared you were killed and I'd never see you again."

  "... why...?"

  "Don't you remember anything I said?" Akira tried hard not to get frustrated. "I care about you, Akechi, all of us do. Everyone was so worried about you, they all want to see you again!"

  "I think you're lying to me..." Goro frowned.

"I'm not, I swear to god..."

Goro looked toward Morgana, the cat ducked his head behind the step.

"What's he been saying about me...?"

"What? No—Nothing, nothing at all." Akira shook his head.

"You are lying."

"I'm not!"

"When you lie your voice gets a little higher. At the same time you fold your arms and tap your fingers on your elbows." Goro stated.

   Akira cleared his throat and unfolded his arms, putting them at his sides. Goro scoffed and made the younger boy glare.

   "I get you're trying to help me, Kurusu, but you have to face the fact I can't be a Phantom Thief like you guys. I'm just not the right fit."

   "But you could be..."

  "But I can't."

   Goro took Akira's hand and held it in both of his, a calm smile on his face.

   "I do appreciate you helping me though. You're a kind person, I'll give you that."

   Akira didn't face Goro. He felt too many different things and he didn't like that. Not wanting to show such emotions in front of Goro, Akira pulled his hand away and went to his desk, getting a duffle bag hidden under it.

   "I have someplace to be... be on your best behavior until I get back, ok...?"

   "What am I, your son? Haha."

   Akira shut his eyes. Then he picked up his bag and turned away from Goro, not saying another word. Morgana yelped when Akira nearly stepped on his tail as he came down the steps.

   "Hey, where are you going!" the cat exclaimed.

   "Work." Akira said.

   "What even is work! You never tell me! Akira!"

   The boy had already hurried through the café and out the door.

————

Goro fell asleep again after Akira left; he didn't even realize he did.

He was in the room with the soft padding everywhere again, damn it all. Of all the rooms in this dreary structure, Goro hated this one the most. He tried to stretch only to realize he was in the straight jacket. With a growl, Goro exclaimed.

    "Damn you! Why am I here!! I'm sick of this place, let me out!!"

    "And why should I? It's funny to see you pissed off~" a disembodied voice laughed at him.

   Goro tugged at the restraints of the jacket in a poor attempt to free himself and fell over on his back. The voice laughed louder.

   "What happened to Robin Hood... where is he?! He doesn't put me in shit like this!" Goro yelled.

The single light hanging in the room flickered and Goro glared as Loki appeared beside him, still laughing at his face.

"Why do you think you were allowed back in the real world? That noble fool gave up his form just so you could live. A stupid decision if you ask me." the Persona sighed.

   "I would've rather you perished, you taint!"

   "AHAHAHAHA!" Loki laughed. "That's adorable, you think it's up to you~"

   "I'm your Master, I want Robin Hood here, you take his place, Loki! That's an order—AGH!"

Goro clenched his teeth as his restraint suddenly got tighter. He groaned and kicked his feet as he struggled with the jacket, not caring how much Loki laughed.

   "While it's true you're my Master, I can't exactly do everything you say. If you want to use my power to kill I'd be happy to help! Want me to show you a memory, it's no problem at all! But I simply can't revive the dead." Loki said, nonchalant.

   "Liar... you're lying..." Goro had tears in his eyes.

   "Robin Hood's dead and gone. It's just me and you now~"

   "LIAR, LIAR, LIAR, I HATE YOU!!"

   When Goro screamed, the whole room shook. Sounds of enraged voices echoed and made Goro's tears start falling. Loki sighed and moved away from the poor boy as he yelled his sorrows.

   "Fine, throw your little tantrum. We'll see how you're doing later tonight."

   Goro's screamed louder as his Persona slipped into the air and out of his sight.

   "GET BACK HERE! DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE! COME BACK, DAMN YOU!" Goro started sobbing and eventually stopped, laying still as he cried.

   "Please come back... I don't wanna be alone... please... please..."