Ch. 20

Y/n's POV:

When I got to the dance room Laura pounced me to the floor. I bitched at her and she just laughed and said it was payback for throwing ice water on her the other day.

"You're the one that started it!"

"Yeah, but maybe if you weren't so hard to get out of bed every morning, then I wouldn't have to resort to such tactics." She says.

I was about ready to launch myself right back at her, when Ariana and her manager came into the room.

"Okay ladies and gents, I got news, so can everyone listen for a minute?" Everyone nods and moves a little closer to hear her better.

"Come December, we'll be touring!"

I knew we would be touring, but I didn't realize how fast is was coming up.

"So that means we need to step up our game, so that everyone and everything will be ready for the first show."

I see Laura beside me, raise her hand.

"Yes Laura?"

"Do we get bunkbeds on the tour buses?" She asks.

She would ask something like that, I mean she didn't deny her having the mental mind of a five year old.

"Yes, now anyone else have a question? Preferably one that's more important?"

The room remained silent.

"Okay good, then back to practicing!"

She left and I noticed Ariana looked nervous, and when she made eye contact with me, she quickly looked away. What is her problem?

-After Practice-

Ariana's POV:

During lunch, I told Y/n that I wouldn't be able to have lunch with her, because Scooter wanted to go over some stuff about the tour. This wasn't completely a lie, I mean he did, it just didn't take our whole lunch break to do so. I know I told Frankie that I would ask her to come with me for Thanksgiving, but I don't think I can. I'm just too nervous.

Y/n's POV:

I'm beginning to think that Ariana is purposely avoiding me today. She couldn't make eye contact, she didn't have lunch with me, I mean she said that she had to talk about some stuff with Scooter. However, I saw her leave his office only ten minutes into our break. Now practice is over and I can't find her anywhere. I try to text or call her, but she doesn't reply.

I'm on my way to meet Laura at her car, when I stop in my tracks at the sound of my girlfriend laughing. I peer my head around the corner and see her talking with Brian. Without even thinking, I move into view and call to her.

"Ariana!"

Her head shoots in my direction and when she sees it's me she looks uneasy. I start walking towards her and I can see her get even more anxious and I can start to hear her conversation.

"But what if she-"

"Ariana it's gonna be fine. Just talk to her already" Brain says.

"Talk to me about what?" I ask, now standing behind my girlfriend.

I look at Ariana and she looks back at Brain for support. I start worrying that she's done something bad.

"She's nervous to ask you-" Brain started, but was stopped by Ariana's hand going over his mouth.

I raise my eyebrow at her and she sighs.

"I want to ask you something"

Ariana's POV:

Y/n followed me into an empty room and closed the door behind her.

"Okay what's going on with you today Ariana? You've been avoiding me all day." Y/n says, throwing her hands in the air.

"I haven't been meaning too, honestly!....I just-I'm nervous to ask you about something" I tell her, while fiddling with my fingers.

"Well what is it?"

"My family has been um wanting to meet you for um a couple weeks now and uh I was wondering if you would-would like to come with me on Thanksgiving to meet them?" I end my question looking at the floor.

"Honestly I don't know. I mean I guess I wouldn't be against it. However, I always spend the holidays with my family at home..." She says.

At first I'm excited, but when she mentioned her family, I got sad.

"So, that's a no then?" I ask her.

We're both staring at each other now.

"Yeah..." is all she says.

My mood changes from sad to annoyed. I understand she takes awhile to open up, but it's like she's not even trying?!

"Okay fine." I spit.

"Ariana, you know-" she tries to speak but I cut her off.

"Whatever it's just-whatever" I tell her, then push past her, open the door, and make my way down the hall.

She doesn't even try to come after me and that's what hurt the most, because that means I'm right...she's not even trying to open up to me. If she's not even gonna try, then why the hell are we even together?!

To Be Continued...