Cliche 29

GIGGLES AND SMIRKS. The only facial expressions that exist.

So basically what I happened was,  I never noticed this cliche before but I suggested Wattpad to my cousin about 2 years ago and she downloaded it. I told her we should read the same book and then talk about it later ( I used to love doing that sh*t for some reason)

The next day she came to me and asked "Why is the girl always giggling and the boy always smirking? Is every book like this?" So I started taking notice of it.

The girl doesn't laugh, she doesn't chuckle, she doesn't chortle, no no, she giggles like she only has one brain cell and it's dormant. It's not like she even has a reason to just take off giggling like a deranged hyena, she just requires the boy to inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide.

"You ugly bïtch, get away from me!" I held onto his leg, giggling, as he desperately tried to get away from me.

Girl you need to calm down, this was supposed to be a story about high school love not a hospital for the criminally insane but you know that's just my point of view.

NOW FOR THE BOYS ( because I believe in gender equality)

So the boy is always smirking like some creep offering you moldy candy in a dark corner. It's annoying and I fail to understand how this is supposed to be attractive. Are we supposed to read this and think "now this is a man we need, a man who who could beat Gaston from Beauty and the Beast in a smirking contest!"

Author's Note: Hello to my amazing readers! Can you please head on to my profile and show some love  to my new book about the craziest laws in the world. It would mean a lot to me.

Thank you.