Ch. 21

-Later At Y/n & Laura's Apartment-

Y/n's POV:

Ariana stormed off earlier today after we talked. I didn't even go after her, because I didn't know what to say that wouldn't upset her more. I've tried texting her but I only ever got one response.

You: Babe please talk to me

You: You know how I am

You: I didn't mean to upset you

Ariana🖤: Please stop messaging me, I don't want to talk to you right now.

You: Ariana please!

That was the last thing I sent her and that was almost half an hour ago.

"Y/n she obviously needs some space, so just let her be" Laura says.

"But she doesn't understand that I-"

"Enough with the same excuses over and over!" She says.

"But I-"

"No, let me speak. Ariana understands that you need time to open up, which is fine. However, I don't think you're trying-"

"I SAID YES TO BEING HER GIRLFRIEND JUST A WEEK OR TWO AGO IS THAT NOT ME OPENING UP?!" I don't know why I'm yelling, I know I'm the one at fault for this.

"Y/n I know you've had-"

"Don't" I tell her.

She sighs before continuing.

"I think you need to try opening up a little faster. Get out of your comfort zone and just trust your gut. Otherwise, you may just lose Ariana and I don't think you really want that" she's says.

I listen carefully to every word that comes out of her mouth. She's right, but I'm just so scared that I'll lose her like I have everyone else.

"What If I let her in and I lose her? Laura I don't think I can handle going through that again..."

"You won't know the answer to that unless you try. Now either go after her and follow your heart or let her go before it gets too serious." She says then gets up from the couch and goes into her room.

Ariana's POV:

Ding!

I checked my phone to see that I got another message from Y/n.

Boo😒: I know you don't want to talk to me right now. But all I ask is for 5 minutes. Then I will leave you alone if you still want after. So can I please come over?

Ariana: Fine. But like you said just 5 minutes.

Boo😒: Thank you...I'll be right over.

I chose not to respond and just waited for her to get here.

About twenty minutes later I hear a knock on my apartment door and I just yell to come in. I hear the door open and then close and a few footsteps, then I'm met with Y/n.

"Hey" She says.

"5 minutes"

She nods and takes a deep breath.

"This is hard for me to say, but I know that's not a valid excuse anymore. You deserve to know why I'm so closed off. So, I'm just gonna say why before I chicken out or panic."

I nod my head and I noticed her eyes getting glossy.

"Everyone....everyone that I have ever let get close to me has been taken, forced, or ripped away from me. T-The only people who haven't so far is my mother, brother, and Laura. I'm afraid that if I let you get close, you'll be taken away too..."

She pauses to calm her self down, so that she doesn't start cryning.

"I-I'm sorry that I'm so annoying and hard to be with, but it's who I am now. After having things that are precious to me, be taken away time and time again. I've lost the ability to let anyone get close to me. However, when we first kissed, something inside me came alive again..."

I feel myself begin to tear up and I watch as a single tear falls down her cheek.

"I didn't think I would ever let anyone get close to me again, but now I'm scared because you're getting closer and closer to me everyday. Laura told me to choose to either let you in or let you go...."

She stops and at this point shes on the verge of sobbing.

"S-So what d-did you cho-ose?" I ask, worried and also about to cry.

"I...I choose to let you in.."

I feel tears of joy mixed with sadness stream down my face.

"I c-can't promise th-at I won't mess up, but I-I know I care abo-ut you too m-much now to just l-let you go." She says stuttering.

I cant see her like this any longer. I run over to her and hug her so tight that I don't even care if she can breath.

"So does that mean I'm forgiven haha" she says wiping away her tears.

"More than forgiven. Now come here" I tell her and pull her head to mine and kiss her passionately.

After kissing for a few minutes, we finally pull apart and look into each other's eyes.

"I'll come with you" She says.

"What?"

"To Thanksgiving. I'll come with you and meet your family." She says wiping a tear away from my face.

"Baby you don't have too" Sure earlier I wanted her too, but after learning about why she's so closed off, I can see why she said no.

"I want too, also I think I need too" She says caressing my cheek.

"Okay, I'll let Frankie know"

She kisses my forehead and hums in response, before I leave to go and call my brother.

To Be Continued...

Y/n's finally letting Ariana get closer, but she still has more that Ariana doesn't know about her past. What will happen as they get even closer? You and I both can't wait to find out <3