48

"Poseidon, lord of the seas and all within them, grant me the strength to persevere through the challenges I will face. Grant me the strength to ensure Percy remains safe. I wish to protect her and...I am not as strong as I need to be in order to be a pillar for her to lean against. I ask for your assistance in order to be this pillar for her. Grant me the courage to fight through any challenges I may face while in Percy's service...Most of all grant me the strength and courage to continue to face life, and double that to Percy, I plead-"

"What are you doing Kaldur?" Percy yawned.

I held off on responding to her until I finished the long drawn out prayer.

I looked over at her, smiling as she combed her hair with a fork. She winced occasionally and kept cussing as she came across a knot.

However my smile quickly faded and I averted my gaze.

"I...I was asking for strength and courage." I mumbled.

A smooth hand rested on my face as she forced me to look at her. Her lips were set in a sad smile and her eyes were tired.

She didn't say anything, but she stared me in the eyes. Eventually she leaned in and kissed my forehead.

"I want you to be brave, because if you're brave, I'll be brave too." She whispered.

"I will try." I wrapped my arms around her, resting my head against her.

"Okay move." She pushed me away. A hurt expression came over my features before she hugged me.

Her smaller form was pressed close to my chest and her delicate yet strong arms were wrapped around my torso.

I gently ran my fingers through her hair. Her hair was soft and surprisingly free of knots. I suppose a fork does work as a comb.

My other hand drew short phrases on her back. Things such as you are safe, you are strong and other words of encouragement that I felt both of us needed.

Then she pulled away, hand pressed to my chest.

"Listen to me Kaldur, whatever happens...we'll get through this. We don't have a choice. So that means we have to be strong."

Percy

"Sit down." Wally pushed me and Kaldur onto the couch before standing next to the others.

I sighed and stared up at them as they began asking question after question.

We both remained silent, despite both of us saying we'd try to be strong, we were both too scared to confront what answering those questions would mean.

Eventually, tears were falling down Megan's face.

"Please. Please tell us! We want to help you." She sobbed. "I want to help you. So please, if you don't believe that they want to help you, believe that I want to!"

I looked away from her, looking over at Connor and Robin. Connor was staring at the two of us while Robin was typing away on his computer.

I shifted my gaze to Wally and Artemis who were glaring at me. The two of them seemed to be holding back some sort of anger, and Wally kept shifting his weight.

"Why did you try to kill yourself if you thought Kaldur would try too!?" Wally blurted.

Those words...they don't seem like much. You wouldn't think that they could faze me...you wouldn't think that...that...

I could feel the tears well up in my eyes and I couldn't hold them back.

They fell down my face as every single part of me unravelled. Sobs escaped my lips along with broken apologies.

"Wally!" Megan yelled before pulling me into a hug. "It's okay, it's okay. Sh..."

I slowly quieted my sobs, but I didn't release Megan.

"Kaldur...please." Connor mumbled.

I sighed and pulled away from Megan. "Listen, it doesn't matter."

"You're our teammate. It matters." She  squeezed my hand. "Can you at least take off the rings?"

I glanced at Kaldur who nodded slightly.

"Sure." I pulled my hands away, removing the ring and slipping it into a pocket.

Robin almost instantly moved to grab my hands and he stared at my wrists.

"What are these from?"

My eyes were drawn to where he was looking and the scars wrapped around my wrist.

Somehow a laugh escaped me and I responded. But...I said something I shouldn't have.

Something that I really, really, really shouldn't have said.

"They're from the last time I got tortured."

"What do you mean the last time?!"

I stared at Robin, my eyes meeting his glasses. I eventually broke our gaze, turning to look at Kaldur.

"Should I tell them?" I asked.

"It is up to you if you want to." He mumbled, reaching over and resting a hand on my leg.

I sat there for a while, running my options through my mind.

If I tell them about the gods, they might think I'm lying in some sort of weird attempt to draw sympathy.

But if I don't tell them...it might lead to something worse...

I mean if something pushes Kaldur too far he can technically disobey my order...

Wait...

"Kaldur, this is an order. You are not allowed to harm yourself. You are not allowed to commit suicide. Got it?"

"Of course your Highness."

Satisfied I sighed. Good. Now I don't have to worry about him.

I lifted my gaze to Megan's.

"I want to show you guys something."

Welp

I'm tired

But...

Eh

I wanna watch a show

See yah