Chapter: 21

Emma

*4 hours later*

"And we are done"

Jade says as I help her zip up her dress. Jade wore a beautiful elegant dark green dress that fit her curves perfectly. The dress flowed from the waist down. It had a golden design at the bottom as well as the chest area. As for her hair I let her dark brown curls flow down her back while had made a flower wither her hair adding small diamond clips to decorate it. We decided to go for a natural look for both our make up.

"Jade you look gorgeous! Neil won't be able to get his hands off of you" I tell her as I see her faintly blush.

"If I look gorgeous then you look like a goddess. No one and I mean no one will be able to keep their eyes off of you. Even the mated both men and women will want you" I roll my eyes as I sit in my bed and reach for my children's stuffed animals and hug then tight. 

"Thanks Jade but I'll only have eye for one person for the rest of my life and that is none other than my mate." Jade make her way to me and sit next to me as she takes hold of my hand. " Sorry, I keep forgetting that you have a family.....but you might see him tonight" she says as she gives me a smile.

"I don't think so, Zavier doesn't like to attend these meetings. Now enough of that let's go down stairs I bet Neil is wait for you" I set the stuffed animals down on the bed as I get up. I walk over to the door and head out with Jade right behind.

We walk down the stairs to find Neil waiting for us. His back was facing us. How is it that he hasn't sensed Jade or myself? I mean the stairs have a blood red rug on it so our heels don't make a sound.

"Why are you waiting down here?" I asked him as he turns to face us. His eyes quickly met Jade's as they became opa bit darker. Well isn't this getting a bit heated up. I awkwardly cough to get their attention. "I get it she's gorgeous but don't look at her as if your going to eat her up." I say as I get to the last step.

"Uhm I was waiting for the two of you. Turns out that no one can go up these stairs unless they are with either a desendent of the goddess or special servant, and of course the King" Neil explained. I see no wonder he said I would be safer there. "Well sorry to keep you waiting, now let's go down" Jade said as she hooked her arm with Neil's. I on the other hand walk solo since I'm a lone wolf.

Walking past the Alpha hall I couldn't help but feel some type of pull, but I decided to shake it off thinking it was nothing. Since I was technically going to the gathering alone even though I wasn't, but because I have no mate by my side or bare my mates mark, I have to show my power so the unmated will not think I'm approachable. I hope.

Just as we arrive at the doors of the ball room something caught my eye. I felt the need to go to the garden that was just a few feet away.

"Uhm guys, I'll see you guys inside." I say as they look at me confused. "Where are you going?" Neil asked as he raised his  eyebrow at me. "I'll tell you later, but please go on with out me. I'll be there in a moment" just as I say that I turn to walk towards the garden.

Just as I reach the garden as if my feet had it's mind of its own I walked till I came upon a small pond. The bright and beautiful moon reflected on it. I could feel it's warm as the it's bright light shown a bit brighter. I slowly close my eyes and take slow deep breaths.

"Little Emma...."

That voice...I've heard it somewhere...

" Grandma Joy?"

"Yes silly child, it is I...but enough of that just listen to what I have to say my time is short"  she said as I stood there waiting for her to tell me what she wants me to know.

"My child, you have to be stronger than you are now for many dangers will come upon you. Your mate my child he can help...bare his mark once again and the power you have lost will be regained. I can only help so much... please forgive me." I can't help but disagree with her I need to keep my family safe not put then in danger.

"But grandma I can't put Zavier in danger...I can't"

"Hush silly child, he is strong enough to protect you this is the reason he is mated to you. Mates complete each other, one has what the other needs. Trust me my little Emma...trust me and him."

As soon as she was done a warm breeze came to me as I opened my eyes.

I have no choice, but I need time to think about it. Just how bad is this going to get?

I turn to walk back to the ball room hopefully I had not been outside for to long. Just as I was almost out of the garden I wasn't really paying attention to where I was going that I crash in to a wall. Causing me to fall back.

Who puts a wall in a garden. Before I could fall to the ground a pair of arms pull me back. Wait arms?! I look up to find a pair of stormy blue eyes staring at me confused but was quickly masked. He pulled me even closer making me feel very uncomfortable. I try to push him away but he pulls me closer and inhales my scent.

"Mate?"

He said what?!