-I Can Have Fun-

"Hey! You know what would be fun??!" Connie says as we sit on my bed about to watch Pretty Woman. I roll my eyes and almost answer before she speaks again.

"Of course you don't." She laughs, and I sit up to look and her, or rather to let her see my face. My mouth wide open realizing what she's implying.

"Hey! I can be fun" I say pushing her shoulder playfully hoping she believes that lie more than I do.

She clears her throat taking a bite of her red cherry licorice before speaking. "Oh yeah? Tell me then miss. Imnotboring, what is it you call fun" she lets out a soft laugh and I look at her in disbelief. I am NOT a boring person... or am I?

"Well...I mean, I think what we're doing right now is kinda fun" I say with a shrug.

"Hon" she states grabbing for another licorice and shoving it in her mouth amused. "There is so much more out there in the world then crappy licorice and rom coms." She says In her Canadian accent.

"You're not wrong...I mean licorice is really bad for you. Actually, it contains aluminum chloride. And you know how they make it so...shinny looking?" She takes another bite and stares at me in complete disbelief.

"Do you?? Well I do. Beeswax! beeswax?! I mean...come on"

She just sits there palm in face and says "you're missing the point entirely Ave! I mean when's the last time you've gone out? Got drunk? Hooked up with a random stranger?" I just stared at her, waiting for her to snap out of it and realize I'm only 19 and a total virgin so everything she just mentioned, cant exactly happen.

"Um...how about never?" I said with a laugh laying back down on my bed waiting for my favorite part of the movie.

She stands up abruptly and walks out of the room. For a while I think she's just gone to the bathroom, but then she comes back with two beautiful looking dresses and a makeup bag in hand.

"Where are you going?" I say with a giggle in my tone.

"Correction" she fires back "the right question would be where are we going?" And with a smile on her face I can tell this can't be good.

__________________________________________

"I can't wear this Connie, I just can't" I say through the bathroom door.

"Uh hell yeh a you can! Now come on outa there and let me see!" I could hear her squeal from the next room and I chuckled at the thought of me...going to a club...in THIS.

I walked out of the bathroom expecting her to tell me to change out of it. But Connie dropped her Half eaten licorice and started clapping. I looked at her questionably and then looked down at my outfit.

I felt like an idiot wearing this

I felt like an idiot wearing this...dress. I mean can I even really call it that? It just barely covers what NEEDS to be covered and It's not even my style.