Chapter 30

The team was currently in New Orleans as Jaycean stood in her room getting ready to head to her old school.

"What if this is a mistake." she asked Jaxon who sat in a nearby chair.

"What do you mean."

"I mean what I said like what if this is a mistake and I fuck up and can't play right."

He waved her off. "We've been practicing since you got the call."

"So." she shrugged. "I was already fuckin' up doing that."

"It's just cause you haven't done it in a while. Don't be so hard on yourself."

"Well I am and I'm mad."

"You'll be alright." he waved her off. "We gone be on the same team, you already know I have yo back."

"Thank you. Don't nobody know I'm in it right."

Jaxon shook his head. "Nope just me."

Standing in the mirror Jay looked over herself. Her eyes went to her head. She had her weave pulled up in a bun with a sports band on with a Jordan logo.

They travelled down to her body that held an all grey Jordan fit. Her shoes were well you guess it Jordans, Retro thirteens to be exact.

"I guess we can go then."

Jaxon stood dressed in an all black Jordan fit as well with the exact same shoes on.

"Alright, alright." Malik noticed them. "Represent yo favorite brand then sis."

Carter held a straight face not too pleased that they were matching.

-

"I so need a blunt right now."

They all walked towards the entrance of the school.

"I'm saying though but too bad they giving out drug tests."

Staying to herself she took in the environment of being in Tulane once more.

Her heart started to beat fast seeing a bunch of people and different coaches from the top nba and wnba teams.

"I get to see you play forreal instead of hearing about it on the phone."

She wrapped her arms around his waist. "I know right. I can't believe you invited all your friends hea' though."

"We gotta support wifey plus them niggas got bets and shit placed."

"Oh man." she held his hand tightly. "I'm nervous now."

"You shouldn't be Jaycean." he tried to assure her. "This lasting for like three days right. Don't even think of it as a competition just go have fun and enjoy what you love to do. Don't worry about what happened the other day."

Smiling up at him she gave him a quick kiss. "You put money on me didn't you."

"Oh yeah you already know I'm going with you over anybody. This pretty much easy money for us."

"Great." she sighed. "Now I'm even more nervous."

"Aye Jay." Jaxon interrupted. "We gotta go."

Nodding she quickly hugged Carter again before disappearing in the crowd.

-

"I'm so glad that you were able to make it." Coach Milian beamed hugging Jay.

"Yeah I'm nervous." she repeated for the millionth time.

"Don't be, you'll be fine." she patted her shoulder.

"About the drug test though."

"Yes I remember and I told them about it even showed them your papers for the medication you take."