Chapter 10: The Moon will rise

The next morning 8 was awoken by 3. "It's time to get up (A/8). We've got preparations to make for tonight" he said and made sure she was awake.

Sitting up, 8 rubbed her eyes and yawned. She threw the covers off of her and stood up. She walked to her closet and began to pick out an outfit that would be combat savy. 3 smiled and headed to the door "Breakfast will be done in 10, kay?".

8 nodded and 3 closed the door. She grabbed her armor that she wore the last time she was in the sea-metro. Getting dressed she also chose a weapon she thought she'd never use agian. Pulling out the octoshot she looked at it closely.

"What's this on the bottom?" She inquired. Looking closely she saw a name she had seen before.

""To (A/8) From Marina" Marina?!" 8 gasped in shock. It wasn't long before she felt light headed. She fell to the floor as the weapon skidded across the ground.

~Flashback~

"Marina, you didn't have to get me anything for my birthday" 8 said and giggled.

Marina forced the blue box into her hands "just take it! I hope you like it!".

8 untied the bow and took the top off. Reaching inside her eyes widened. In her hands she held a custom made octoshot. It had carvings and a different sights. Her eyes sparkled in amazement at the weapon. Marina was known for being an prodigy of weapon design and creation. Her weapons were as functional as they were fashionable.

"M-Marina?! This is amazing! Thank you so much!" 8 exclaimed and jumped on Marina. Marina simply giggled and smiled. She seemed so happy to know how much her friend liked their present.

~Flashback~
Opening her eyes she saw 3 looking at her worrily. Seeing her eyes open seemed to wash all of it away however. He helps her sit up as she held her hand to head.

"Another memory?" He asked. 8 nodded and looked over at the octoshot she had dropped. Scrambling over to it she picked it up and brought it over to 3.

She pointed at the marking on the bottom and 3's eyes widened. "Marina gave this to you? When?" He asked.

8 pointed to her head. "Before we met? In your missing memories?". 8 nodded and stood up along with 3. He placed his hand under his chin in a thinking position. He simply nodded and looked at 8 "when we get Marina back she's gotta answer a few questions...". 8 looked at him with and expression that said "You think I think of that?".

3 smiled and patted 8 on the head and left the room. Before he closed the door he said "by the was breakfast is ready". He closed the door leaving the Octarian girl to her thoughts.

~Time skip~

It was sun down. 8 and 3 had gotten to octocanyon earlier than everyone else. The sat down on the little sofa that Marie had set up for agent 4.

3 put his elbows on his knees and clasped his hands together "Before anything happens, I need to ask you somthing..." he said monotoneously. He already had 8's attention. She nodded and urged him to speak.

"Remember that night you saw me eating ice cream and you started to laugh and cry at the same time?" He asked. 8 nodded at the memory.

3 sighed and sat up straight. He looked 8 dead straight in the eyes. "Why were you awake? I thought you had a nightmare but I wasn't sure. You seemed so...stiff when you saw me. It seemed like you were scared of me...." he said sadly.