Chapter 11:And one shall fall

Gm:You guys wanted more..

Gm: so I delivered
♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤
As the door closed and the train began to move, 8 hoped in her heart that everyone would come out of this okay.

She sat down between 4 and Pearl.

"So this is the Deep sea metro?" 4 questioned in amazement. 8 nodded and pointed towards the door that led to the next car.

"Do you want to meet the conductor?" She asked 4. 4's eyes lit up and she squealed.

"Of course I do!" She said enthusiastically. Getting up, she ran to the next car over to meet the conductor herself. 8 giggled at her childish behavior.

Pearl was standing on one of the seats, looking out the window. 8 stood up and walked over to her. Pearl took notice of her presence and sat down.

"I'm worried about Marina..." she said. 8's smile faltered a bit. Then she remembered her octoshot. Pulling it out, she showed the marking on the bottom.

"Marina made this? When?" She asked. This was a question that 8 couldn't answer. She looked at Pearl and gave a sad expression.

"Oh, that's right you lost your memory didn't you?" Pearl said.

"Well hey! We are on a mission to track down Tar Tar and Octavio, when we get him we can ask him about it." Pearl said.

8 smiled and giggled. But not even a moment later 4 bust in with a worried expression.

"EVERYONE! BRACE YOURSELVES!" She screamed as the train came to a sudden halt that it caused everyone to be flung across the car.

Luckily 4 had a tight grip on the chair pole next to her. 8 also held on to a pole, she had also grabbed Pearl and held on to her.

After everything had calmed down, CQ-Cucumber crawled in. "Is everyone alright?" He asked.

"I think we're fine" said 4. 8 nodded and Pearl simply groaned in pain.

"I am terribly sorry for such a sudden stop, however, there has been a tampering with the tracks and if we had stopped any later the train would have derailed" the conductor explained.

8 looked at 4 with a knowing expression. "We'll take a look" said 4.

"Are you Sure? I'm quite sure it might be best to-" CQ-Cucumber began only to be cut off. "It's the reason we are here" 4 said and checked her weapon.

"Well, please be safe then..." the conductor trailed off and the train's doors opened.

8 grabbed her octoshot and pearl made sure she had both of her dulies. 4 was the first to jump out and onto the track, followed by 8 and pearl.

Making their way from the back of the train to the front, 4 spoke to 8.

"Do you think my bro will be okay? He has a tendency for getting himself into unnecessary trouble..." 4 asked 8. 8 wasn't sure how to answer her so instead of using words she put a hand on 4's shoulder and smiled.

"You're right, can't have doubts now...". 4 still seemed uneasy, but they had already arrived to the front of the train which left no time to continue the discussion.

"What that shell?!" Pearl exclaimed. 8 and 4 just stared in confusion and fear. Not even a foot from where the train had stopped, there lied a gigantic hole in the ground. 4 crouched down to it and peered in.

"I can't even see the bottom...." 4 thought aloud. She pulled out her Hero shot and pulled the trigger, sending a large drop of paint inside.

The paint fell in for sure, but no matter how long they waited to hear it 'plink' on the ground somewhere, there was only silence.