Chapter 40 (Blockbuster)

A/N: Ya....hoo....!!! We are in the 40th chapter of this book and I didn't feel how time passed. We are reaching the climax of the story very soon in a few more chapters. This chapter is a special one with only Aryan and Jiyasha, as a gift for you all since we reached 40th part successfully.. Also this book is reaching 10k+ reads very soon!!! Happy reading

Chapter 40

🔷PLAYLIST FOR THIS EPISODE🔷

Jiyasha was sleeping alone in Aryan's room after so many days. All these days, Monica and Pooja were staying with her and Jiyasha hadn't even spoken to Aryan even for once. Sometimes she used to turn eager to speak out a few words to him, take his care as a wife would and rest herself in his arms. But she could not do any of these because of one condition, he was a criminal in her eyes.

Tonight she was waiting to catch a glimpse of him in her room even though she knew that they would end up into a fight. She moved out of her bed and opened the creaking door. She peeped outside only to see the dark and empty corridor. Instinctively, she got worried for him then and there. She couldn't allow him to plan something secretly before his case started in the court. She needed to keep an eye on him like the way he used to do on her.

Sliding her feet into the slippers, she started walking along the length of the corridor to reach his work room. She was trying to be barely audible when she walked, lest he should catch her.

The work room was open but the owner was missing. Jiyasha's eyes searched for her husband but there was no trace of him. As she was about to step out of the room, she was stopped by a voice. She tried hard to look through the darkness of the corridor but it was very difficult. She pressed her ears against the skin of the door trying to figure out the speeches.

She recognized Aryan's voice at once who was speaking in a threatening tone, "So you want to blackmail me with the copy of this chip and you think you can scare me! That's not what you think you can do so easily."

"Is this the third chip that the man at the factory was worried about?" Jiyasha thought before listening again.

Aryan shouted again, "Just shut up, you're not going to tamper with the chip at all. You are supposed to give it to me."

Jiyasha began pondering, "Why can't I hear anyone else's voice? Is he speaking over phone? Who is blackmailing him? Tony....?"

"Damn it! You are not going to show it to her at all, do you understand? I'll do as you say but please don't," Aryan warned accompanied by the appearance of cold perspiration on his forehead.

"To 'her'? Whom is he indicating to? Does Aryan have any other woman in his life or is the other man over phone is talking about me or anyone else in his family?" Jiyasha was getting more confused.

"I'm not lying, I have really fell into trouble. I've lost my lawyer and the case is left midway. Give me some time unless I clear the pending case and then I'll do as you direct," Aryan pleaded while Jiyasha huffed.

Soon after, Jiyasha heard Aryan's approaching footsteps and she didn't find a place to run away without being noticed. She quickly hid herself underneath his work table when Aryan entered. He pushed himself back on his armchair and quivered nervously while Jiyasha curled herself like a little prey from the fear of her hunter.