Chapter 24

"C'mon guys let's go we've got some elders to talk to. Then, we've got some Skinwalkers to kill!" Alyson said.

    The guys released a laugh, "Yeah you look like you're ready to take down the whole forest," Collin says between laughs.

    "Hey! This is serious!" Alyson said stomping over to her balcony and climbing down the tree ignoring the three boys as they released tight laughter. She started walking away and heard the thumping of their feet hitting the ground.

    "I'm nervous," Dylan said fidgeting with a small necklace of a wolf around his neck.

    "Me too," Alyson agreed, last time they were trying to get to the centre of the woods Dylan almost died and Alyson had a vision of everyone dying. The thought alone made her skin prickle in fear.

    "There's no need to fear, you've got eight other wolves to be on your side, plus the queen of the forest," Collin joked lightly. Alyson rolled her eyes at the last bit, the contact dug into her eye. The contacts seemed to be making the boys more comfortable already. Her heart felt a bit more relaxed.

    "She's no queen," Dustin said appearing out of nowhere.

    "Screw you, Dustin!" Alyson said her voice more playful than serious. Dustin stepped in front of her, his large build overshadowing her much smaller frame. Hayden moved to push him away, but Alyson held a hand out to stop him and raised an eyebrow quizzingly.

    "I'm not joking around with you Alyson! Tonight is not the night for fun and games. I also don't trust you now! If your eyes are Skinwalkers coloured than who knows what else about you is Skinwalker!" He barked in her face. Alyson narrowed her eyes at the much larger man as a pool of hurt spread through her veins, it was like a mini poodle glaring at a Great Dane, he could snap her in half if he even breathed too heavy.

    "Look, Asshole! I'm just trying to help! I swear once my forest is cleared of these monsters then I'll be out of your dandruff ridden hair!" Alyson snapped back rage filling her, she knew her eye colour changed but that meant nothing of her personality. Dustin's posture stiffened and his eyes narrowed.

    "You better watch it you half breed! You cannot beat me and you never will," Dustin said growling.

    "I would advise you to watch your mouth before I refuse to help you and your family. You will do good to remember that without me you're not getting anywhere in this forest," Alyson reminded him and he scoffed but backed away anyway. Alyson took a few steadying breaths to calm herself down.

    "C'mon let's go," Alyson said. The group followed but there was a tense feeling as they walked to the boys' house.

    When they finally make it to the Maikoh home they saw the Elders already waiting for them a serious look on their faces. Daniel approached her and gave her a wide simile.

    "I'll take these off your hands while you speak to the elders," he says with a smile still dancing on his lips.

    "Thank you, Daniel," Alyson says removing the bow and arrows from her back before approaching the rest of the guys. She asks Daniel for his phone and shoots her brother a quick text telling him she was safely over Hayden's house. Only then did she approach the rest of the group. She doesn't make eye contact as she joins them.

    "Alyson child, good to see you again," Grandmother Willow says her voice soft and making her feel slightly more relaxed.

    "It's good to see you again Grandmother," Alyson said smiling at the image of the older woman.

    "I assume you've heard of the plans to fight the Skinwalkers starting at nightfall," She asks eyeing Alyson with a serious face.

    "Yes, Ma'am," she responded.