Chapter 24

A/N: Did you like the previous chapter?

If so, please don't kill me after reading this.

*sighs* Even if you don't kill me after this chapter, I bet you will find my house after chapter 25 with pitchforks to kill me. I won't blame you.

Enjoy... As much as you can. The ride is about to get bumpy and I will not guarantee any safety.

Morning blared through the windows. Despite the veil, the clouds offered, the sun harshly shone. The birds had begun their song about an hour ago and the sea was the only thing that had been consistent from yesterday.

Rhaze knocked on my door. "Lyra! Wake up!"

As if I needed someone to wake me up this morning. As if I slept. The frustration kept me awake. Who would take a female out on a date, bring her back home and then try to kiss her and say that he had to tell her something but he was not brave enough to? Aries apparently would. While my brain did try to understand that something was stopping him, my heart just plainly understood it as a rejection and bled for him. This pain was even more than what Ethan caused me.

If I met Aries the next time, I would make him delirious until he told me what he should have said last night. Even if I had to seduce him. And from the look, he had given me earlier, it would not be a difficult job.

Groaning, I threw the sheets off me and got up. The layered dress was torn at my waist. Only after he left did I notice this tear.

Aries was sure rough.

And that did nothing to quell the fire in my blood. If anything, it spurred me on.

Tearing that layer of the dress, I opened the door to see my sister, who appeared to be another version of a racoon holding my phone.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Glad you asked." She opened the door further and came in.

I dreaded this. Rhaze was a strong wolf. There was a reason why she was my Beta. It was not only because she was my sister.

Her sense of smell was strong. While we had held our scents back during that campfire, we had not in this room. This room was permeated with both our scents entwined with each other.

"What the hell do I smell?" Rhaze asked, her nose flaring.

I shrugged. "How would I know?"

She sniffed again. "Don't lie, Lyra. It's clearly your scent."

I snorted. "Don't you know that your nose accommodates for a smell after smelling it for long?"

Her lips pulled up. "Mingled with a male's I have never scented. His scent is concealed like I am missing something."

"What are you trying to say?"

She shot up. "Your scent is mixed with his as if you heavily made out. And the last time I checked, Varian and Nash are mated and Miguel was drunk and we found him in the kitchen this morning. Who was with you? Where did you go after I left to sleep?"

Heavily made out? I wanted to laugh. Loudly. Only if he had made out with me last night instead of leaving me frustrated.

I bristled. "I don't see why I should explain to you."

She narrowed her eyes at me. "You are defensive. Who did you invite?"

"No one," I mumbled.

"Lyra," she warned.

I sulked and plopped on the bed. "He left, okay? When you and Brent interrupted me last night he left. We did was not even a kiss. Don't get me started."