[ Prologue | The Grim Reaper ]

═════════ ❃ ═════════

❝ℓιғε ιsη’т αвσυт ғιη∂ιηg үσυяsεℓғ. ℓιғε ιs αвσυт cяεαтιηg үσυяsεℓғ.❞

═════════ ❃ ═════════

The hall that was once filled with noisy, loud, and discordant crowd turned into a sea of a deafening silence as soon as a certain person have entered. People bored their terrified gaze on him but it doesn't even intimidate him—it was the man who sent shivers throughout on every witnesses’ body.

“Who is he?” asked by one of the staff. “Why is everyone so awfully quiet?”

“Are you serious? You don't know him?” his co-staff whispered at him but the other just shrugged his shoulder. “Haven't you heard the name: the Grim Reaper? Rumors have said that he have killed more than a thousand of people already with his own hands. He even have a portrait in the previous boss’ office because he treat him as a living legend.”

The sound of his boots’ sole hitting the floor echoed along with the soft murmurs of everyone around him. Some may know him but others do not have any idea. Of course, those people who knew him have spent more than ten years of their existence in the organization, witnessing how cruel and how he ruthlessly reaped many lives.

Finally, he reached the elevator. He pressed the floor where the Boss’ office was located. He was alone in the elevator, people are too scared of his subsistence. The door clanged, indicating he was on the right floor already.

As soon as the door opened, he was greeted by a man whose eyes were violet and his black hair was styled on a straight, chin-length and bangs on each side. A sly smile was plastered to his face.

“Long time no see, my friend!” the Boss greeted but he didn't receive any response. “Silent treatment, I see. After six long years, you've finally granted my request. You see, I really missed you. How about you, did you miss me?”

“Shut up, Mori. We have seen each other six years ago so I can't see any reason why I have to miss you. Also, I'm not here to help you hunting down an agency,” the mysterious man said in a deep monotonous voice.

“But why? It's your specialty, right? How many agency have you tracked down already in Philippines?”

“Fifty-five.”

“Each having how many members?”

“Various. The least have 15 while the maximum has 1000.”

“Then why don't you help me on eliminating a single agency?”

“I'm not here for that reason... I want to quit.”

“What's the reason behind your resignation?”

“One of my dogs died. It was my oldest dog. She was hit by an orange pick-up truck. She didn't experience external bleeding but a wound inside her body killed her. She was pregnant on that time. Due to the incident, she also suffered a miscarriage.”

“You're resigning because of a single dog’s death?”

The reaper placed his hand on his mask that was covering his face. He slowly removed it, revealing a girl's face. She posseses a pair of dark brown orbs matching her fair complexion and slightly redish korean lips that she learned how to do through watching tutorials on the internet. It was a her, ever since the beggining. Her eyebrows were twitched in a manner wherein she's starting to get piss already.

“Don't just say that she's a single and "just" a dog. She's carrying some fetus puppies in her tummy. You don't know how many tears I shed on her death. You don't know how many nights and days I spent mourning over her. You. Don't. Have. Any. Idea. I don't need your opinion. Whether you like it or not, I'm still going to quit.”

“How ironic. You never turned back on killing numerous of human lives but a dog's death made you feel grieve and sorrow.”

“Shut up, Mori.”

“Still addressing me with no courteousness? I'm twenty-five years older than you and I'm your boss.”

“In terms of service here at the organization, I'm your senior. I can kill you right here, right now, if you're not going to grant my resignation.”

“Okay, fine. Seems like I can't change your mind anymore but I have one last mission for you, Paz.”

“What is it?”

The Boss explained her one last task before she can finally leave the organization she grew up with. She's been thinking of quiting the Mafia organization for a long time already but she can't due to the attachment she had with the few people under it. The main reason for her resignation is she wanted to search for something she will never find if she's still working on the underground businesses.