[ 01 | First Encounter ]

═════════ ❃ ═════════

❝εɳʝσყ ℓเƒε. เт ૮σɱεร ωเтɦ εxρเ૨ყ ∂αтε.❞

═════════ ❃ ═════════

“Let the child be alive so we can leave this place already, Akutagawa,” a man with a striking orange hair ordered his sick-looking younger subordinate. The younger one disagreed at first but have to admit that they don't have any other choice except to spare the life of the one-year old baby.

The two Port Mafia executives were now being held by their rivaled Detective Agency that teamed up with the government to protect a noble family. They had been outnumbered and outwitted by their enemy resulting for their capture.

The younger boy lend the baby to a man who was wearing a glasses and a ponytail. But before it could even reach the Agency's man's arms, a bullet pierced through the baby's forehead. The child's brain and blood was brutally and dreadfully scattered on the floor. They all looked at the baby's corpse with an unpleasant look in their eyes. Then shifted on the direction where the bullet came from.

“No wonder you're now in the arms of the enemy. You can't even dare to kill a baby,” said by the killer, his mask was illuminated by the moonlight.

“A G-g-Grim R-Reaper?!” exclaimed by the light gray haired teen who was from the agency. He hid behind the man in the eyeglasses.

“Who are you?” asked by the man with glasses.

“They call me the Grim Reaper, but I want you to know that I'm not here to rip your body apart. I'm only here retrieve those two powerful yet weak gentlemen. I'm their knight in dull, black robe.” She swiftly jumped from the terrace she was in and started to walk leisurely towards them.

“Oi, brat, call the government guys!” the man with glasses said.

“H-hai!” the light-gray haired man answered. He was still scared by the invisible aura of the reaper and the fact that he--atleast in his perspective that it was a he--was making his way towards them made him even more frightened.

“You mean those men in black?” the reaper asked. “I believe I spared someone to deliver a special message for you. Tch. I cannot really rely on such kind of human, can I?”

“We asked the government to send one thousand men to back us up,” a man with wavy brown hair said. She refrained from walking.

‘He can't be,’ she thought.

Suddenly, a man dressed in a formal coat burst at the dark room. His chest rapidly went in and out and a scarred for life expression was written all over his face.

“The government's back up. A hooded figure came and they were all gone... got wiped out by the--” His gaze turned at the reaper who was secretly grinning behind her mask. Then, another gun shot was heard in the room. The man lifelessly fell to the floor.

“That's the last one for tonight, or I hope so,” the reaper said. Her eyes traced her handgun.

“That's impossible!” exclaimed by the man with eyeglasses.

“Yes, it's impossible but I made it possible, right? Now, give me those two and we will peacefully part from each other now. I can't kill the three of you since Mori said that you played a big role on his stupid games. But before we bid our goodbyes, care to tell me your names?” asked by the reaper.

“That's a legend for you,” said by the wavy brown-haired guy. He let go of his grip on the orange-haired Mafia member. “Kunikida-kun, let's go. It's obvious that we don't have any chance against Port Mafia's living legend. This eyeglasses guy is Kunikida while this kid is Atsushi. Let's meet again, Grim Reaper, and don't forget my name, Dazai.”

‘So it was really you, huh.’

Dazai walked away from the scene, he was followed by Kunikida. Atsushi threw one last glance at the Grim Reaper before he also made his way out of the room while still shivering in fear.

As soon as they left, the reaper looked at her subordinates before turning her back at them.

“You!” she heard someone shouted. She immediately faced them and dodged a hungry beast which was attached to the younger one’s back. Then, the other one started to charge towards her, trying to throw a punch but she was still able to avoid it.

“Trying to do a 2V1 on your enemy? Tch. I thought you're better than this,” she managed to say while quickly dodge every attack they threw at her. “It just made me more convinced that the two of you are indeed, a pair of weaklings.”

“You... How dare you call me weak?!” asked by the orange-haired. He tried to throw a punch to her face but she managed to block him mid-air.

“Compared to me, the two of you are weak. You're just an executive while I am a legend. In my eyes, you don't have any difference to a non-gifted person. Not until you prove you're worthy, Ryuunosuke Akutagawa, Nakahara Chuuya,” she said before throwing a specialized bomb, that covered the place with fog, before she flew away from them. “Let's call this a day.”