Chapter Twenty Seven

Jacob blinks rapidly and looks to Leah who shrugs, Jacob looks back to the tiny wolf pup running around and yapping, Carlisle looks utterly lost as Jasper smirks, highly amused at this turn of events.

"What is happening?" Catherine asks stepping to Jacob's side. "Where's Nik?" she asks, Leah, Jasper and Carlisle all point at the wolf pup. "What?" she asks.

"Yeah, our son it seems has mastered shifting already," Jacob tells her. Catherine then laughs, they all shoot her a look, she points to her head.

"He's barking in my head...." she tells them moving to crouch in front of the wolf who yaps moving towards her, she smiles warmly and lifts him up. "He likes being a wolf" she tells them.

"Fascinating" Carlisle states. "I think it's limited to her" Jacob raises an eyebrow. "This telepathy thing....." Catherine looks to him.

"Really? He hasn't talked to any of you?"

"No, Cat" Jacob answers.

"Oh" she looks to the Niklaus-wolf who's tongue lulls out the side of his mouth, she smiles lovingly at him. "Where is everyone else?" she asks, Jacob and Leah share a look as Carlisle rubs the back of his neck.

"Showing Bella her birthday present" He answers, Catherine's smile fades.

"Right....the house" she mumbles pulling Niklaus closer. Jacob moves to her and wraps an arm around her waist and kisses her cheek.

"Come on, we agreed to see my Dad today....introduce him to his grandson" Catherine nods and looks to him, he strokes her cheek and she leans into his hand. She then looks to Niklaus.

"You're going to have to change back, little wolf" she teases.

.....................

Jacob takes Catherine's hand as they stand outside of his father's house, Niklaus perches on his hip tugging on Jacob's shirt.

"It's going to be okay, Cat" he tells her as Leah holds out a pacifier for Niklaus, the kid takes it and shoves it in his mouth.

"You two ready?" she asks, Catherine takes a deep breath and nods. Jacob kisses her cheek.

"Dad's gonna love him" Jacob tells her, she looks to him. "Okay?" she nods and leans closer to kiss him just as the front door opens.

"Hey, son" Billy greets. "Catherine, Leah" Billy smiles. "And who I presume is my grandson" Jacob smiles and heads towards his father with Niklaus. Leah looks to Catherine.

"It's okay, Cat...." Leah takes her hand and they head towards the house.

........................

Billy smiles down at Niklaus on his knee, Catherine watches them as she plays with the bracelet around her wrist. Jacob nuzzles into her neck and smiles.

"Look at that, Cat" he states. "I told you he'd love Nik"

"I'm just...worried" she looks to him, Jacob brushes her hair back. "He's so big"

"I know" he whispers and pulls her closer. "It's going to be okay" he kisses her neck. "You know....Dad can look after Nik, and we can....you know..." he slides a hand under her shirt, she looks to him.

"Really?" she asks.

"Why not?" he asks back.

"Cause the last time we did that..." she nods to Niklaus. "That happened" Jacob chuckles and pulls her closer.

"So we take precautions...."

"Emmett thinks you have super sperm...never know it might get past precautions" she teases back.

"So...we double wrap it" he teases, she chuckles. "Triple wrap it..." she turns her head to him and he wiggles his eyebrows at her, she rolls her eyes but smiles. "I just...." he sighs and strokes her cheek. "We're together but we've only been together once...and yes, we have a beautiful son...." he nudges her nose and kisses her. "I want to make love to you, Cat" she smirks.

"Here? In front of your father?" she teases, he laughs and kisses her nose before sitting up and looking to his father who shoots him a look, Jacob smirks and shakes his head.

"No" he answers, Catherine smirks and leans up to kiss his cheek.

"Later" she promises. "If...we're alone" he sighs and looks down.

"No chance of that in that house..." he mumbles and glances to Billy who winks back at Jacob who smirks.

"We'll figure it out" Catherine tells him taking his hand.

"Hey, I was thinking" Billy starts. "When don't I get to know Nik, whilst you two take some time to yourselves, take a walk, go and see the pack...." Jacob looks to Catherine.

"How does that sound?" he asks her softly. She nods.

"Great actually" she smiles a little, Jacob kisses her head and stands taking her hand.

"We'll be back later" Jacob shouts over his shoulder as he pulls Catherine out of the house, she laughs.

.........................

Jacob pulls Catherine to a stop and takes a deep breath.

"Okay" he takes both of her hands and smiles. "I know you were pretty upset about Bella getting a house" Catherine shoots him a look.

"I'm not upset about it" she corrects, he looks to her. "Okay, maybe I am a little upset about it" he raises an eyebrow. "A lot upset" she corrects. "I just..."

"You don't need to explain it to me, Cat" he tells her and kisses her hand. "I know why you are upset about it....but I have something for you" he tells her. "That might make up for it" he smirks and pulls her closer. She smirks and rolls her eyes.

"Your penis doesn't count" she tells him, he laughs and shakes his head.

"It's not my penis" he corrects and pulls her towards the tree line. "But I think you'll enjoy it just as much" he teases, she smirks and shakes her head.

...........................

Jacob covers Catherine's eyes and presses himself up against her back.

"The pack actually worked very hard on this" Jacob tells her walking her forward. "And it took them four days and they are very proud of it" He remarks looking at the wolf pack who smile and nod, all sat in front of Catherine's surprise.

"I'm sure it's great" she states knowing the pack are right there, can hear their heart beats, slightly faster then the human heartbeat. Jacob kisses her cheek and smiles.

"Ready?" he asks, she nods and he pulls his hands away. Catherine looks to where the pack sit, each of them smiling and motioning to the cabin behind them, Catherine looks to Jacob who smiles at her.

"What is this?" she asks.

"Our home" he answers. "If you want..." he adjusts. "It's right on the treaty line...the Cullen house is just to the North East...and Emily's is just to the West...Dad's is back to the South West....this is right in the middle" he tells her. "You don't like it?" he asks, she shakes her head and kisses him.

"I love it" she tells him. "You did this for me?" she asks, he nods.

"Well...yeah" he answers.

"You built me a house" she whispers as a tear slides down her cheek. He smiles and brushes it away.

"They did" He motions to the pack. "But....yeah, we built you a house, are you okay?" he asks her, she nods.

"No ones ever done something like this for me before" she tells him, he smiles and kisses her.

"I know" he whispers. "And I know you've been feeling....a little left out..." she sniffles. "And with everything that's been happening with you, I thought....you deserved something nice" she throws her arms around his neck and he wraps one around her back.