Part 7

You woke up this morning in a mad panic.

Last night after Mr Genius  had texted, your first and only reaction was to bury your phone into your blankets in a fluster.

While you were trying to calm down the overwhelming adrenaline and butterflies that were coursing through you, you'd completely forgotten to set your alarm. 

He's had my number all of one day and he's already wrecking havoc on my life...

But by some kind of miracle, you were able to get ready in record timing this morning.

After hastily tying up your sneakers and clutching your bag, you took a peek outside your window to see if it was still raining. 

Crap

Two days in a row?

Rolling your eyes at the mild inconvenience, you grabbed your umbrella and wrapped an oversized scarf around your neck, once more, tucking your hair into the scarf in hopes of protecting it from getting wet. 

Tripping over the messy pile of shoes on your way out, you slammed the door shut and started the sprint to work. 

Gasping for air as soon as you got through the coffee shop door, you suddenly felt your phone vibrating in your pocket.

Pulling it out and turning the screen on, your body froze still at the new notification. 

-

[New message received from 🔥 Genius 🔥 at 7:03am]

-

Shuffling into the cafe and putting your bag down, you signed into your shift 3 minutes late.

As you tried to calm yourself down a little, your twitchy fingers built up the necessary courage to read the new message. 

-

[07:03] 🔥 Genius 🔥: Too afraid to message back? Or too busy dancing again.. 

-

Rolling your eyes at the sheer arrogance, the fire inside you began to build up. Before you could stop yourself, you were already rage-typing out your response.

-

[07:05] Mic Drop 💜:
Yah! I was late for work this morning because of you!!!!

-

You let out the huge breath that you were holding in as soon as you smashed the send button, but then instant regret settled in. 

Sh*t

Why did I say that...

How am I supposed to explain that?

You fumbled back into the chat thread, desperately trying to un-send your last message before he could see i-

-

[seen 07:06]

-

God dammit! You mentally face palmed at your apparent lack of brain and speed, watching the three dots appear as your 'Genius' typed his reply.

-

[07:06] 🔥 Genius 🔥: What did I do...