Chapter Thirty Six

Catherine stands in the doorway to Niklaus' room, Jacob sits on the floor with his son drawing, Jacob's concentrating pretty hard on his, his tongue sticking out his mouth, Catherine smiles watching him, he's a perfect dad.

"Hey, Nikki" he whispers to his son and holds up the drawing. "Guess what this is" Niklaus points to it.

"Mommy" Jacob nods. "Daddy" Jacob nods again. "Me?" he asks, Jacob nods. "Who's that?" Niklaus asks pointing to the fourth person, Jacob smiles.

"Your baby brother or sister" Jacob answers.

"A baby brother or sister?" Niklaus asks quietly. Jacob nods.

"Is that okay?" Jacob asks him, Niklaus looks to him and then Catherine, Jacob follows his eyes to his imprint.

"Mommy?" Niklaus asks, Catherine moves to him and sits beside him, she takes his hand and kisses the back of it.

"We love you" she tells him. "And each other" she looks to Jacob who smiles. "And sometimes" she looks back to Niklaus. "There is so much love that it makes a baby" Jacob shoots her a look, she shoots him one back. "And we have so much love....that it made another baby"

"I'm going to get a brother or sister?" Niklaus asks, Catherine nods.

"Is that okay?" Catherine asks him softly, he nods and smiles.

"Will Nessie get a brother or sister?" he asks, Catherine shakes her head.

"No, sweetie, they only have enough love for one baby" Catherine tells him stroking his cheek. "But me and Daddy, we have so much to go around" Niklaus smiles and hugs her, she hugs him back and smiles at Jacob who moves closer to kiss her and then hug the two of them. "I love you both" Catherine tells them, Niklaus chuckles and hugs her tighter.

"Love you too, Mommy" he tells her, she closes her eyes and smiles. Jacob strokes her hair.

........................

Jacob strokes his fingers over Catherine's stomach as the sun sets behind him, she smiles threading her fingers into his hair, he kisses her bump and looks to her.

"I thought he'd take it worse then that" he tells her, nuzzling into her stomach. She scratches at his head and shrugs.

"Maybe he's holding it in, maybe we should have your father talk to him, or Carlisle...." he sits up and moves to lay next to her, she turns to face him. "Billy must have spoken to your sisters when you were coming along...." Jacob nods and strokes her cheek, she smiles at him.

"Yeah, I'll ask him to have a little chat with Nikki" he tells her and pulls her closer to kiss, before moving to let her rest her head on his chest, he strokes her hair, curling his other arm around her waist to rest his hand on her stomach. "We'll have to set up the spare room" he adds. "We can reuse Nik's crib and his clothes"

"And if it's a girl?" she asks amused, Jacob shrugs.

"We'll improvise" he answers nuzzling into her neck, sliding his hand under her shirt to rest flesh on flesh with her bump. "I'll love them no matter what" he promises to her. "You know I will" she smiles back at him.

"I know you will" she takes his hand on her stomach. "I kind of want a girl though" she tells him. "I love having a sister, I want Nik to know what that's like"

"I know first hand how annoying sisters can be, don't be quick to put that on our poor Nik" she smacks his chest as he laughs, he snuggles into her neck.

"Jacob" she whispers turning sad.

"I know" he whispers back pulling her closer to him. "Everything's going to be okay though" he promises her. "I'll make sure of it" he kisses her head and then pulls the blankets up around them. "Get some sleep"