Chapter Six

Lisa was telling some story about the shoot she did earlier today, but Jisoo had no idea what she was saying. She heard only a few words but she can only guess it was Lisa complaining about how stuck up and incompetent actors were. She always said that if it weren't for the people working behind the scenes, actors would look like absolute shit.

Jisoo was completely focused on Jennie. The four of them were all sitting on the floor in the studio eating Chinese food. Well, Jennie, Lisa, and Rosé were all eating. Jisoo had her chopsticks loaded with shrimp lomein for about fifteen minutes now. They never really made it to her mouth.

"...and she was like, 'I don't like standing here, the camera won't get my good side.' So I was like, 'Bitch! You'll stand wherever the hell I put you.'" Lisa finished her anecdote with Rosé and Jennie laughing. "God, actors are so demanding."

"Hey! My brother's an actor so watch it," Jennie said pointing her chopstick threateningly at Lisa. Lisa backed down and situated herself between Rosé's legs.

Is holding chopsticks suppose to be that cute? Jisoo thought. The lomein finally fell out her chopsticks and back into the carton.

"What's up, Goldilocks? The lomein too hot for you?" Lisa teased. Jisoo gave her a glare and threw a fortune cookie at her.

"Why do you guys always call her Goldilocks?" Jennie asked curiously. Jisoo panicked as she looked from her friends amused faces and back to Jennie's.

"Because-" Rosé started.

"Because of I used to have blonde hair!" Jisoo blurted. I'm going to poison their drinks if they open their mouths one more time.

Lisa scoffed and sat up. "Oh please. If that was the truth, we'd be calling Rosie, Goldilocks as well. You see Jennie, we call Jisoo that because-"

Jisoo abruptly got up and started gathering her uneaten food. "Does anyone want anything to drink? Cyanide for you two?" She sent a message to Lisa with her eyes. "I swear to God I'll kill you if you tell her." Lisa ignored it and continued the explanation.

Jennie looked at Jisoo's panicked face and stood up with her. "Actually, I'd love a drink. I'll help you out." And Jisoo fell all over again.

"Oh come on, you don't want to know?"

Jennie gave Jisoo a little smile. "Nah, I'm pretty sure Jisoo will tell me one day." Please marry me.

Jisoo managed to return the smile as Jennie looked at her. "Um, the dr-drinks a-are in the back." She turned around and walked towards the back with Jennie following her.

"Don't do anything we'd do in there!" Lisa called after them. That's it, I'm looking for a new best friend tomorrow.

"Sorry that I put you on the spot," Jennie apologized once they reached the mini-fridge in the back room.

"Don't worry about it. The-they like to tease me." Jisoo opened the fridge and began pulling out drinks. "So what do you want? There's not much of a choice."

Jennie opened the door wider and her hand brushed against Jisoo's. Jisoo didn't think she could feel hot and cold at the same time. Her hand tingled from the brief contact.

"Wow, you sure like Coke," Jennie observed. "And water."

Jisoo smiled. "And Orange Crush." She pointed out three bottles of orange soda on the side of the fridge. "But that's only for me. Drink it, and I might have to kill you." Whoa, when did I start making death jokes to someone other than Lisa?

Jennie grabbed a bottle and looked at it. She ran her hand against the neck of the bottle like she was trying to remember something. "You know I think I've had one these before and it was like heaven in my mouth."