27

"M'nervous."

"Why are you nervous?" a short laugh leaves Sophie's lips, her arms winding around Harry's torso from her seat on the couch beside him. Her head tilts upwards, their lips meeting for a brief moment, Harry letting out a quiet hum against her mouth.

"I don't know, I just am," he exhales, and Sophie raises an eyebrow.

"Scared I'll say something wrong?"

Harry's eyes widen, "No! Of course n-"

"Then stop it," she laughs again, running her hand over the side of his face, with a soft grin.

"Think I need another kiss," he says cheekily, a short giggle leaving Sophie's lips at the boldness of his declaration, as their mouths meet again, in a slow, sensual union.

His tongue runs bravely over her bottom lip, something that Sophie was usually the one to instigate, but now it was him deepening the kiss, catching her by surprise. Though - of course - she didn't object, their mouths moving smoothly against one another's.

It's almost subconscious when Sophie shifts herself into Harry's lap, and she finds herself straddling him, their kiss failing to break for even a second. Goosebumps are arising on Harry's skin, an oddly encouraging chill running up the length of his spine, as Sophie's lips drop to his neck and his fingertips move to brush over her waist. The moment her mouth attaches to his skin, barely ghosting over the surface, a soft, breathy moan escapes Harry's lips, catching both him and Sophie by surprise, but he's far too occupied to feel embarrassed. She can't help but grin at his reaction to such a simple touch, her mouth moving to suck on the skin, only to be interrupted by a loud knock on the front door.

Harry's face turns bright red at the realisation that - indeed - that'll be his family outside his apartment door. Sophie's lip falls between her teeth, and Harry, though embarrassed, has to scrunch his nose to prevent a grin from spreading on his lips, which are slightly swollen.

He stands up from the couch, glancing back over at Sophie, as she reassures him with a smile, and he walks over to the front door, tugging it open.

"Harry!"

His mother rushes into the room, winding her arms tightly around Harry, followed by Gemma. Having greeted Harry, his mother notices Sophie, practically squealing with delight.

"Oh, you must be Sophie, my darling!" she exclaims, pulling Sophie into a tight hug, "it's so good to finally meet you! I've heard so much about you - our Harry just adores y-"

"Alright, Mum," Harry interrupts, biting his lip sheepishly as he releases Gemma from an embrace.

"Sorry! Embarrassing Mum," Anne chuckles, shrugging her shoulders.

"It's so good to meet you," Sophie's grinning widely, and she's being entirely genuine.

"Oh, you're just bloody gorgeous, aren't you!" Anne continues, causing Sophie to laugh.

"Ah, don't be silly - I can see where Harry got his looks from," Sophie kindly returns, catching Harry's face turning red.

"Gem, this is Sophie," he tells his sister, quickly steering the conversation away from the possibility of him being complimented any further.

It's now Gemma and Sophie's turn to hug now, introducing themselves before they're interrupted.

"I'm here!" Another voice sounds from the doorway, and there surfaces Harry's aunt, her young daughter on her hip.

"I didn't know you were coming!" Harry exclaims, rushing over to envelop the woman in a hug, as the child on her hip squeals with glee and reaches for him.

"Starla!" Harry's face lights up like Sophie has never seen it before, and she follows the source of his pure joy. The little girl, no older than two or three, has gingery blonde curls and bright blue eyes, a wide grin on her tiny face as her small hands form excited fists. He lifts her up into the air, spinning her around twice before settling her on his hip, pressing a kiss to her curls.

"Soph, this is my Aunt Bec," Harry beams over at Sophie, and she's certain this might be the happiest she's ever seen him, "and little Starla."

"Oh, you're the girl I've heard about! Hello!" Bec smiles over at Sophie.

"Hi," Sophie smiles back, walking over to stand beside Harry, eyes landing on him with talking playfully to the small girl in his arms.

"This place is so lovely, Harry," Anne says, "you picked the right apartment, for definite."

"Yeah, maybe I'll stay," Gemma chimes in, and Harry raises an eyebrow.

"Like hell you will," Harry teases her, rocking Starla back and forth on his hip.

"Are we leaving for the gallery soon? I'm just so excited!" Anne beams, and Bec laughs lightly.

"It's all your mum's been speaking about for the whole plane ride, Haz," Bec points out, and Sophie feels a sudden lurch in her stomach, the reminder that Harry's family are going to be spectating her painting is absolutely terrifying all of a sudden.

"Is your piece on display tonight, Sophie?" Anne asks her, as if on cue.

Sophie nods, "Yeah, it is. A painting."

"Oh, how lovely! I can't wait to see it!"

"I can't wait for you to see it, either," Sophie returns, smiling sincerely at her.

"Just out of curiosity.." Anne begins, and Gemma covers her face with her hands.

"Mum, don't-"

"How did you two meet?" Anne asks excitedly, "Harry told me a little bit, but if I'm being honest, it wasn't enough, so - tell me everything!"

"Mum," Harry groans, as Sophie giggles quietly and Bec steps in to take Starla back from Harry's grip. "You just got here.. can you, like, not?"

"But I need to know!"

"If we don't leave now, we'll be late," Harry almost whines, pleading with his mother not to ask too much, and she sighs, nodding.

She raises her hands in surrender, "Fine - fine! I'm sure Sophie will tell me later."

"Sophie, it's a test!" Gemma intercepts, warning the girl.

"Come on, let's go," Harry pleas with the group, reaching for his coat and pulling it on over his jumper, handing Sophie's coat to her.

Harry locks the apartment door behind them, as his aunt turns to the group.

"I need to head back to the hotel and put Starla to sleep - I just wanted to come by and say hi. I'll see you all later, yeah?" she smiles, "it was lovely to meet you, Sophie."

"You too!"

They go their separate ways once they've made it out onto the street, and Sophie, Harry, Anne and Gemma continue towards the gallery.

They've only been walking, chattering amongst themselves, for a few minutes at most, before a voice breaks through their conversation.

"Harry?!"

They've only just turned the corner, and it causes their relaxed, aimless chatter to come to a help.

Harry frowns in surprise, the girl in front of him with a suitcase in hand giving him one of the widest grins he's ever seen.

"Elle?"