◇5◇

《Chapter 5》

Chapter 5

"LAST NIGHT AT 8:23 PM, the authorities found a body marked by the infamous EMBER logo. The body was found in an alley in the South Wellston area. The victim was identified to be "ArkRAYgeous," a  popular and powerful vigilante. Personal information about the victim has not been disclosed. Like the other victims, the man's body was covered in burns. This marks the fourth murder by EMBER this month-"

Y/N switched off the television while munching on her third bowl of cereal. These EMBER attacks keep getting closer and closer. When she finished eating breakfast, she got on her bike and started her way to her second day of Wellston Academy. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to skip the rest of my classes on my first day. Y/N sweatdropped, as the breeze flew through her H/C hair.

-

Isen held an evil expression as crept up on his friend Blyke.

"GOOD MORNING!" He yelled, startling the living daylights out of his red headed friend.

"GAH! What the hell man?! What is wrong with you?"

"Woah, you look terrible," Isen pointed out Blyke's multiple bandages. "Did you get your ass kicked at turf wars again?"

"Shut up! Anyways, I'll have you know that Seraphina and her friend went yesterday."

"Aw man! You're so lucky! You got to see her in action. Who's her friend?"

"I've never seen her, but her name's Y/N. She's a transfer student here. She apparently showed up for one class and skipped the rest of them on her first day. Plus she got these two different colored eyes, one E/C and one F/C. It's freaky," Blyke explained.

"Do you know her ability?"

Blyke's eyes widened a bit, "Yeah, she even was able to break-" He stopped himself, covering his mouth with his hand. "I'm not supposed to talk about it..."

"So you're just gonna leave me hanging?" Isen urged at his friend. "C'mon, I know you can't keep a secret. Just spit it out."

"O-okay, just promise not to tell anyone."

"I promise."

"Y/N broke through Arlo's barrier with her bare hands and immediently recovered. Like her arm was bent at an insane angle and she was bleeding a lot, but all the injuries just disappeared! I've never seen someone except Seraphina be able to break through Arlo's barrier, much less come out unharmed as well! She's crazy!"

"Really?!"

-

"Hey John!" Y/N called out through the school hallway towards her new friend. She could spot that gelled hair from a mile away.

"Oh, what's up Y/N?" He smiled. Y/N caught up to him and walked along side him, ignoring the whispers around them. Why are they all interested in John?