Chapter 20: A King's Strength

*The King's POV*

My name is Blithe Telin Von Karmillia, King of the human Kingdom Karmillia.
When I was young I led my armies into battle, handled court and the Kingdom's matters, and was a strict but responsible father of three beautiful and gifted children. My eldest, Crown Prince Xion Yune Von Karmillia, a child with outstanding abilities which rivaled my own at his age; my second son Carlisle Ilya Von Karmillia, who worked with his elder brother as an amazing general and right hand to the throne... while he was not as well rounded as his elder brother, he deeply cared about the people and was successful in battle and strategy.

Then my youngest, my daughter, and my most doted on child. She was beautiful like her mother, but resembled me with similar hair and eyes. She was intelligent, strong and noble, and everything a man could want in a woman and a wife.
I had many suitors beg for her hand... but the one who stole my Cathy away was a Frare scum bastard Duke who saved her life.
Me and her mother, the Queen and love of my life, tried to oppress Cathy and discourage her from marriage. This angered her and she cut ties to us and her princess status to become a Duchess of Frare.

When I heard she had a child, I was full of joy. My two son's had already married, and I was given four grandsons... but Cathy gave birth to my only granddaughter. Yet we were never allowed to meet her despite her numerous accomplishments within Frare. Even my granddaughter's trade company was well known in Karmillia. She was a precious daughter of Frare and was blessed as a spirit contractor, so it wasn't strange we weren't allowed to see her since she would be likely banned from leaving her home country.

I had always been a generous and well balanced ruler, my only weakness was my brother... Karen.
His crimes were deep, from attempted murder of the former King, to small crimes of petty tax theft from citizens.

I was forced to banish him, take away his prince status... it was the only thing I could do to spare his life.

I should've killed him when the time allowed it.

It took my own granddaughter Rosalia to runaway from home, escape and enter my Kingdom, and accidentally fall into the hands of the Queen for me to find I'd been tricked by Karen, my once most loved family.

Now, with the help of my beautiful Granddaughter who looks just like Cathy when she was young, a plan was formed.

Karen was running a slave trafficking ring in my country when he stole the crown.
Rosalia took initiative to set him up. She used her fairy to hide my illness being cured, set Karen's team up and caught them with the Royal Palace guards, and cornered Karen in the palace.

I had him publicly executed.

This didn't mean the damage to the Kingdom was over.

It took another year before it was stabilized with the help of Rosalia who slowly changed me and my Queen's opinion on fairy's...

Rosalia gave our Kingdom the waterways she invented and established with the Crown Prince of Frare's help. She aided in created government facilities which would help the people, and aided us in crop growth materials and inventions like fertilizer, aided Karmillia's Crown Prince in military reforms and public order organization.
She won the trust of the people and gave me back the love and familiarity of having a daughter.

She showed me what amazing thing came from that bastard Duke who stole my daughter.
My precious Rose and grandchild gave back hope.

Though she continued her quest to find strength and find the mermaid's.
Seeing her off was heartbreaking for my family. For me especially and my Queen who enjoyed teaching Rosalia in etiquette and palace social cues. Rosalia spent her 12th birthday with us in our Kingdom while we kept her hidden from Frare.

Like that, we were forced to watch Rosalia leave like a blessing in the wind.