17

Annie and Vin let Matty have the lake house for the weekend so here we were, laying around in the sun and enjoying our freedom. I could hear George, Adam and Ross further along the dock laughing and a loud thud hit the water followed by a "FUCK THAT'S COLD!" from Ross.

I heard Matty chuckle next to me, sunglasses on and legs stretched out on the lounger he was lying on. He looked so cool. Feeling my eyes on him, he sits up, propping the sunglasses atop his messy curls and flashes me a smile. I tell him to stay like that whilst I grabbed my camera, wanting to remember him looking so carefree.

When I come back outside, he's sat how I left him posing for me whilst I snap shot after shot. I captured a few of the boys from a distance as well.

"Pass it 'ere" Matty beckons the camera towards him, I place it in his hands. He snaps some photos of me candidly before I realised what he was doing, handing the camera back to me mischievously.

"Pretty girl" He murmurs, realising he'd said that out loud I pretended to not hear it to save him embarrassment.

I lay back in my lounger again, sipping on my water. It was very rarely sunny over here and we were taking advantage of it to say the least.

"Wanna get out of here?" Matty says, nodding his head towards the house.

I nod back, he stands up from the lounger whilst I mimic his action. Walking past the dock he shouts "We're going out for a bit. Don't fucking break anything."

Making our way through the house to the front door, Matty grabs his car keys off the side cabinet and heads towards his car, I followed behind.

"Where we going?" I ask curiously, ever since Matty got his license he always wanted to be driving somewhere. Calling me up at 1am to go for late night pancakes and smokes on the hill, not that I was complaining, I loved both.

"Remember the garden centre Nana always took us too?" I nod my head, I loved that place "Well there, I feel like playing with nostalgia today."

When we arrived it looked the same as it did when we were 12, the car park was pretty busy so Matty had to park further away. We walked towards the building, grabbing a trolley as Matty insisted he push me around.

He swerved in and out of people, laughing every time I told him to watch out or slow down. Chasing each other among the flowers. We took our photos with the flowers, an old married couple approached us, offering to take our photo.

Matty and I posed, thanking the couple. "You two are a lovely couple" I tell them, the old man couldn't take his eyes off his wife the whole time.

"Thank you dear, you two are so young! Many years of happiness are on the way" She says, patting my shoulder before saying to me "Keep hold of that one, he looks at you the same way my husband looks at me" before strolling off with her husband.

I turn around to find Matty leaning against the edge of the water fountain located in the centre of the garden centre. His eyes held a glimmer of adoration in them, a song sounded over the speakers as he calls me forward with his hands.

We danced in the middle of the flowers, not caring who was watching. For some reason Matty and I had this habit of unexplainable dancing, it's not like we were good at it either we just didn't care.

Matty's POV
Bea was sitting shotgun, one hand dangled out the window, the other holding a bucket of fudge. The radio on loud, she swayed in her seat to the rhythm.

I had to try my hardest to keep my eyes on the road in front of me, longing to just watch her but I couldn't put our safety at risk. She leans over to feed me a piece of fudge as I smile at her as a thank you.

In the backseat of my car lay a bouquet of tulips that I'd picked for her and a crate of cider, Hann had given me his ID and the cashier didn't even bother looking at it, I would've just bullshitted them anyway.

My grandparents allowed me to have the lake house for this weekend, Nana had been admitted back to hospital and Grandad needed someone to come up and fix the small leak in one of the bathrooms so here we were.

"Why do you call me 'Muse'?" I gulp at the question Bea had just asked.

I quickly turn to look at her, she's looking at me intently "You make me want to write poetry about you and albums about you. You inspire me so therefore you're my muse. I can quit it if you don't like it."

A blush lays on her cheeks as she bites her lip to think it over "I like it."

"I don't mean it in a degrading way though, you're so much more. I just think it suits you but let me know if it ever gets annoying, love." I'm quick to tell her.

We finally made it back to the house, Bea jumping out and grabbing her flowers before kissing me on the cheek unexpectedly "Thank you Marty." she says before going inside to get a vase.

I stood and grinned like an idiot before composing myself as Hann came outside to help carry the drinks in. "What're you blushing about?" He says, prodding my warm cheeks.

"Nothing." I shake my head at him, slapping his hand away before going to help Ross start the bbq.

We cooked burgers and sausages leaving a separate section clean for Ross and Bea's veggie burgers. Once the food was done, Ross announced to the group to help themselves, we all spread out across the decking.

It was getting darker now, it was 9:24pm and the fire was crackling with life. George was twirling Muse around and in return she was stretching to turn him too even though he massively towered over her.

The music was coming from the speakers in the house, I was sat on a deck chair watching my friends mess around. I always longed for the world to slow down and the thoughts in my head to be quiet but it was moments like this where I didn't want that, I wanted to live this forever.

Ross interrupts my thoughts, coming up behind me from inside the house "You alright mate?" taking a seat next to me, Adam following in tow.

"Yeah, I think I actually am for once. Thanks for coming this weekend, sorry I snuck off earlier with Bea, m'not being a very good host." I murmur.

Hann pats my shoulder "S'alright, never need to apologise. We're like brothers but you and Bea have history, we get that. As long as you're not messing with her feelings it's fine."

I sigh, looking back at Bea again. "I'm really trying not too, I just- I'm not ready yet to admit it to her."

Muse shouts my name, I see her calling me over to her. "The missus calls!" Ross says, waving his hand in-front of him. I stand up and ruffle both their hair before slipping out my shoes to join Muse.

I run down to join her, jumping in and splashing each other.

All you could hear was the hollering of us 5, the noise of the crickets and the rippling of the water every time one of us moved.