LXXXII

Through all the cities and all these towns
It's in my blood and it's all around
I love you now like I loved you then
~ Tom Cochrane, Life is a Highway

I woke up in the middle of the bunk, telling me Erik has left at some point during the night.

"Need a better mattress," I mumble as I reach for my phone.

A text message from Kai in the group chat about her parents and school, that was a whole other problem and something that needed caffeine in order to deal with.

There were the typical message requests, Instagram notifications, Twitter notifications and a few facebook notifications.

Nothing special or new.

I push the comforter off of me and head towards the coffee machine, trying to work the knot out of my neck.

"What's your problem?" Lucas asks as he sees me coming, "I didn't hear anything last night so it can't be what I'm thinking it is."

"I think I slept funny last night and now I have a kink in my neck."

"Erik in the bunk with you?" Lucas takes a side step and allows me access to the coffee, I guess he learned his lesson.

"Yeah, it was a rough night last night," I mumble, not really wanting to elaborate any more than that.

"If you need to talk to somebody, you know where you can find me." I smile at Lucas, he has become one of my best friends and another brother.

I step towards Lucas and wrap my arms around his torso, burying my head in his chest. He reminds me so much of my little brother it hurts some days to even see Lucas, but there are days like today where I can pretend that Lucas is Marcus.

"I love you, Avril."

"I love you too Lucas." I mumble back to him, "so how was that little date you had yesterday?"

"I don't think it will go any further, I didn't even give him my phone number that's how bad it was. He kept trying to climb on me and it was just... a weird date." I want to laugh at how uncomfortable Lucas sounds, but by the look on his face, he just wants to forget the experience.

"You just can't catch a break apparently." I laugh as I pull away from Lucas.

"Apparently."

"What about that guy from the Nashville show though?" I ask remembering the sock tied around the door handle of the bus. The rest of us had to head to a different bus, but luckily it was a fun time for all parties.

"Good in bed sucked at everything else."

"Houston?" I question, remembering catching them in the tiny ass bathroom together.

It's eternally etched into my brain matter.

"We aren't talking about that disaster."

"The fact you two almost got stuck? I still don't know how you two managed to squeeze in there with a shower, sink and toilet."

"You make it work."

"Okay, what about San Antonio?"

"No."

"Dallas?"

"No," I start to list off all the cities that we have been in and each response is the same as the last.

No.

"Your fuck boi luck sucks." I finally comment after running through every city, "even Devon has better luck than you."