Book 1 ~ Chapter 24

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

It was sundown, Korra and Tenzin weren't back yet from City Hall. After talking to Mako, I went to ny room, to read the letter addressed to me. It was just Lord Zuko asking me how I was and what I have done so far. I wrote to him and sent the letter to the white lotus members so they could send it to the fire nation. As of the moment, Asami and I were walking around the perimeter island, and we were talking. It was slightly dark, so I had an open blue flame in my hand to light the way.

"I've got to ask, does Korra really like Mako?" Asami asked curiously.

"I can't answer that question," I replied. Asami rolled her eyes.

"Oh, come on, please," Asami pleaded. I sighed.

"I'm sorry, Asami, if you want to know, you gotta ask Korra yourself," I said, and she pouted.

"If it makes you feel better, I'll make sure Korra stays in her lane," I said, and she smiled.

We were now walking on the path back to the courtyard. It was silent for a few moments until Asami spoke up.

"Do you think Mako likes Korra?" Asami asked softly.

"What? Why would you ask that? He loves you," I said. Asami frowned.

"There are times, when all he talks about is Korra. And I'm afraid that he'll leave me," Asami said softly. I sighed and stopped walking. Asami stopped and looked at me.

"Asami, Mako loves you, whether you're his girlfriend or his friend, you will always have a special place in his heart. He won't leave you. And also, you have new friends including me, Korra, Bolin, and everyone else," I said softly. Asami smiled lightly.

"Thanks, Lei," Asami said. I smiled.

"Remember what I said, alright?" I said. She nodded.

We arrived at the courtyard and saw everyone gathered around Oogie and Tenzin. Asami and I immediately approached the group. Everyone was here except Korra.

"Where's Korra?" I asked, Tenzin gave me a worried look.

"I think you should all look for her, she ran off when we arrived. She needs you all, you're her friends after all," Tenzin said.

I looked at Asami, Bolin and Mako. We all decided to go around the island in search for Korra. We looked everywhere in the inner part of the island, and now we were searching the perimeter of the island. It was already night fall, and we were still searching.

"Korra? You out here?" Mako called.

"KORRRRAAAAAAA!" Bolin shouted.

Pabu ran ahead, and when we caught up to him, we saw Korra sitting on the edge of the cliff. Her eyes were swollen so she was probably crying.

"There you are," Bolin said. I approached Korra, and I was standing right beside her.

"Are you alright?" Mako asked softly.

"I'm fine," Korra replied.

"Come on, What's wrong," Mako asked. I put my hand on her shoulder, and she turned to me.

"You can tell us anything, Korra, we're your friends," I said softly. She sighed.

"How am I supposed to save this city if I can't even airbend? I'm the worst Avatar ever! I just feel alone," Korra said emotionally.

"Well, that's nonsense! You're amazing!" Asami said.

"Aang didn't master all the elements right away, he was just a kid," Mako said.