chapter two

I found him sitting on the couch. His gaze was transfixed on me as I walked in. Lila was behind me and the other man was making his way into the living room too. The living room was nicely furnished with leather couches and a TV so large that I had never once thought I'd own in my life. There was a glass coffee table and a rug underneath it in front of the couch a little. His long legs were stretched out.

"Sit," he instructed.

I pulled Lila to sit down next to me on the love seat. The blonde man sat next to the other man. It was at that point that I realized I had never gotten their names. How polite of me...

"I don't think we've introduced ourselves," I said. I was trying to fight the physical attraction I was feeling for both of them and focus on mundane things. God, I just wanted both of them to fuck me-

"I'm Aries," the dark haired one said.

"Like as in the zodiac sign?" Lila questioned, a confused look on her face.

He chuckled. "No. I'm Aries as in Aries is my name."

I furrowed my eyebrows. I had never met anyone named Aries before. But something about it seemed like it suited him.

"Silas," the blonde offered us his name.

"Lila," my best friend said with a delicate smile.

"And I'm Natalia, but you can call me Nat," I smiled.

"Natalia?" Aries asked, my name flowing off of his tongue easily. "Fitting." Before I could ask how, he spoke again. "Do you like the place?"

I nodded. "Yeah, it's pretty nice. And bigger than I expected."

"I'm sure you'll find that with a lot of things here," he said. Silas looked over at him. "It's you that wants to move in, correct?"

"Yeah, but I'm just a little confused about something," I said. "Why is it so cheap to live here?"

"Because," Aries began with a shrug, "we just want to offer someone a nice place to live that's inexpensive. What's wrong with that?"

I raised an eyebrow. "And in turn what do you get?"

"What do I get?" He narrowed his eyes.

"Yes." I suddenly felt a little more confident and like myself than I had felt since I got here. Good. I couldn't just let two attractive men turn me into a brain dead damsel.

He leaned forward, setting his elbows on his thighs. I leaned forward as well, matching the look he had on his face. I was both angry and really, really turned on at the same time. Fuck my stupid libido. But I wasn't going to break.

He smirked a little, leaning in closer. "I like you."

"So, as I said, Aries. What do you get? No one does anything without an ulterior motive."

"You're incorrect," he said before he leaned back in his seat, a dismissive look on his face. "So are you interested?"

My eyes moved from his face to his body. I was definitely interested, alright. But if I was going to move in, I had to be professional. The last thing I needed was to mess this up and end up losing the apartment. He already liked me, that was a good sign.

"I am."

"So, give us the general rundown. Who are you?"

"My name is Natalia Maruo, but I prefer Nat. I'm 23. I just graduated from college, and I don't really get along with my parents so I want to move out."