Chapter Seven

"So you liked her back in high school?"

"Yes."

"And you never told her how you felt?"

"No."

"And after all years, you still carry a torch for her?"

"Yes."

"But she doesn't even remember who you are?"

"No."

"Did you guys even hang out in high school?"

"Lisa!"

"What?"

Jisoo let out an exaggerated sigh and took a sip of her coffee. Lisa came over bright and early (on a Saturday) to finally interrogate her about Jennie. "What's with the twenty questions?"

"I'm just wondering what is it about this girl that's got you acting all weird," Lisa said rummaging through Jisoo's cupboard. She was on a quest to find something to eat.

"I'm not acting all weird," she denied.

Lisa stopped searching through the cupboards and gave Jisoo a look. "Really? So stuttering is completely normal for you?"

"It was back then," Jisoo muttered in her mug.

"What?" Lisa finally found what she was looking for. She grabbed the box of Coco Puffs cereal from the very back of the corner cupboard and poured herself a bowl. "Why do you keep this in here? Isn't this like your favorite cereal?" she asked while pouring milk over the sweet cereal.

"Exactly. I was trying to hide it from you."

Lisa smiled and took a seat across from Jisoo at the table. "Oh, you know you can't keep the good stuff away from me."

Jisoo grabbed her spoon before it made its way to Lisa's mouth. "Stop eating my food."

"Hey! I didn't eat this morning. Rosie left for the recording studio before she had time to make me breakfast." She grabbed the spoon back from Jisoo and scooped up some cereal into her mouth.

Jisoo rolled her eyes. That doesn't even deserve a comment.

"How come you never talk about high school?" Lisa asked with her mouth full.

Jisoo looked on in disgust. "Because it wasn't the best years of my life."

"Oh, come on. Everyone says high school is the best years of your life." Lisa finished her cereal by sipping the milk directly from the bowl. "It couldn't have been that bad."

"Oh believe me, it was." Jisoo got up and retrieved a book from her bookshelf. "Here, page 37."

Lisa wiped her hands and took the book. "Oh my God," she said surprised. "Is that you?" she pointed to a picture in the yearbook.

"Yup, in all my geek glory." Jisoo couldn't even stand to look at it.

"Aw, look at you and your glasses. And nice bangs! You don't even look yourself in here."

Jisoo grabbed the yearbook and threw it across the room. "I'm glad that my misery is entertaining," she crossed her arms across her chest and pouted.

"Come on, Jisoo, everyone is awkward in high school."

"Yeah, but not everyone had a horrible stuttering problem and got made fun for it everyday," she said quietly. She hated reliving her high school days. At least the memories that didn't involve Jennie.

Lisa looked at her sympathetically and made her way towards her. "Did Jennie make fun of you for it?"

Jisoo let her face break out in a small smile. "No, she's the only who didn't. It was like she didn't even notice that it took me forever to get out a sentence. She was really nice to me."