Chapter 12

A subtle groan was heard as Jisung began stirring in his sleep

A subtle groan was heard as Jisung began stirring in his sleep. Slowly, his eyes opened, taking in the semi-dark ceiling above him. He briefly wondered what time it was, but his thoughts were interrupted as he turned to the side and noticed something. He gasped for air as his body stiffened in an instant.

Haeun was laying beside him, rather on top of him, for a lack of better words. She was tightly embracing his arm, her head laying peacefully on his shoulder. One of her legs was swung on top of his, and he couldn't help but get chills from the direct clash of their skins. It was smooth, unlike his, something that for some reason made his cheeks heat up and a droplet of sweat roll down his forehead.

He'd never denied his feelings for her. They sprung up like wildfire from the very first moment he'd laid eyes on her. But he'd never admit that to anyone. Because he didn't expect someone like her to ever like someone like him.

Jisung bit down on his bottom lip, thinking of an escape plan. Painfully slowly, he loosened her grip on his arm and slid out of it. He did the same with her leg, raising it slightly and allowing it to fall back to her side. Haeun didn't even flinch.

'What if she's just pretending to sleep?'
The thought occurred to him in horror.

Quietly but quickly he sprung up, now watching over her. He watched her for a split second, and flinched slightly as she began to mutter something.

"No, Mr.Bamboo, you have to live. Or Mr.Pig will take over the world."

It was difficult for Jisung to hold in his laughter, but he somehow managed to do it.

'Cute. Embarrassing, but cute.'
He thought, but before giving her the chance to catch him watching her, he quickly slipped out of the room to go bake some breakfast.

Haeun didn't wake up in the best mood. In her dream, Mr.Bamboo got captured by Mr.Pig, but right as she was about to go save him, she'd woken up.

She internally debated whether to go back to sleep and didn't notice the figure entering the room.

"You're awake?"

Haeun jumped slightly as she turned towards the doorway, finding Jisung leaning against it.

"Don't sneak up on me like that." She warned him and could see a smirk forming on his lips.

"Come have breakfast." he said shortly, backing away from the door and continuing down the hallway. Haeun was quick to follow, and both were soon in the kitchen. On the table was a display of several dishes, including pancakes, fruits, and different condiments such as honey, jam, and chocolate. Haeun's face literally lit up, realizing just how hungry she was.

"I didn't know you could cook!" She exclaimed, taking a seat at the table and instantly bringing a pancake onto her plate. Jisung chuckled as he placed down a cup of orange juice beside her and then sat down.