Chapter 20

I spend the next 3 hours talking to everyone that I can and getting to know them.

Everyone has welcomed me with open arms and the heaviness in my chest is long gone.

"Hi Luna."

I look down to see 2 identical twin girls pulling at the end of my dress, staring up at me with wide and enthusiastic eyes.

"Hello girls, what's your names?" I ask them with a growing smile on my face.

"I'm Elsie and this is Charlotte," Elsie giggles.

I sit down on the grass with them and we start to have a long and very important conversation about teddy bears.

"They're the best toys in the world, they're so fluffy and cute," Charlotte rambles.

I nod in agreement with a smile on my face.

"Oh! And there's so many different animals so you can buy lots and lots," Elsie chimes in, kicking her feet about excitedly.

"I used to have a lot of teddy bears in my room, they were everywhere," I tell the girls.

"What happened to them?" Charlotte asks with wide eyes.

"I had to leave, to come here and be Luna," I tell the girls, leaving out the gruesome details.

They smile and nod.

"You're the best Luna ever," Elsie says.

My heart warms and I lean in and hug them both tightly.

"Elsie? Charlotte?" A frantic and worried man shouts looking around the large garden.

"Here daddy!" Charlotte shouts back, waving her hand in the air.

The man walks over as well as a few others and I stand up, with Elsie and Charlotte gripping on to my dress.

"Hi I'm Elizabeth, sorry for keeping your daughters, we had an interesting conversation about teddy bears," I laugh.

"Hi Luna, I'm Eric, thank you for looking after the girls, but the conversation doesn't need to end," he says smiling down at his daughters.

The girls cheer and I laugh once again and we all sit down and Eric and I listen to the girls ramble on about their collection of teddy bears.

Eventually a large gathering of children, passionate about bears, gather round as well as their parents and I talk to everyone, getting to know them even better. It feels like I've known everyone my whole life, like they're my family.

After another hour of talking to everyone I excuse myself when Xavier mind links me.

'Are you ready to go visit your old pack? We can go another day if you aren't ready,' his voice echoes in my mind.

'I'm coming,' I reply.

I stand up, much to the children's dismay, and politely excuse myself.

"I'll see you all at breakfast tomorrow morning, I'm looking forward to it," I grin.

I wave goodbye to everyone and go to find Xavier.

"There you are, you ready to go?" Xavier asks from behind me.

I turn around to face him and nod nervously.

I go behind a tree and take off my clothes and shift into my wolf and pick up my clothes with my mouth before running to catch up with Xavier who already shifted.

It takes us a couple of hours to reach my pack but when we finally arrive I can't bring myself to look around, I'm too terrified to see what the damage is like.