10

I walked the halls of the fancy hotel looking for the room Hisoka claimed machi occupies. 223. My blood boiled just at the thought of someone taking advantage of illumi like this. My illumi.  I'll make that bitch pay..

As I approached the room I quietly listened from outside, pressing my ears against the door. The mumbles I heard we're to low for me to make out but I heard the woman giggle and glasses clink.

What could she possibly be using illumi for ? Her sex slave or a friend because the bitch has no personality?

What ever it may be anger filled my veins. I took a few steps back and kicked the door right off the hinges. Illumi, shirtless sat on the bed with this pink haired whore with a glass of wine in their hand.

Surprised and unaware of who I am she stood up to fight but illumi quickly reassured her I wasn't a "threat".

What a liar.

"I'll speak to you in the hall" he said calmly placing down his drink he got off the bed walked out in the hall where he leaned against the wall. "Care to explain your dramatic entrance?"

"I was told you were under someone's power. A kind of mind control. " I answered looking into his eyes. Lifting his eyelids to see if they dilated correctly. Which they were.

"Ah that. I was hired by machi to test out what the power of that girl was. We had an idea but the only way to test it out was to go through with it. My lips were coated with a thin layer of wax . Apparently she's been hired for one of the-"

"So then why are you here? Shirtless?" I folded my arms. He cocked his head to the side analyzing me. My tone. My posture. He even eyes my nails that were bitten down .

"Are you ok?" He asked

"Answer the question." I demanded

"We've been seeing each other for some time now."

"Is she the reason you left me the other night ?" I asked. He knew I was going to be upset. Had he said yes then I feel would like some side chick. He knows if I feel like she came before me his whore would die

But I promised Hisoka I wouldn't.

"Yes" He said truthfully "for the job. Which I was still paid for."

"And you've just been here since.... leaving us on bad terms? As you sit here and live your best life?"

"We agreed on getting this out of our system.." he corrected me which he wasn't lying.

"But we also know WE come first." I scoffed "Illumi, you basically treated me like a one night stand, said I wasn't your family and run off  saying you'll keep in touch but it's been days. Weeks even. I haven't heard from you since that night"

"I was giving you space."

I couldn't believe my ears. When did he ever believe in space ? I wasn't the over bearing fiancé. I sighed in complete hurt and disappointment... "no illumi what you did was once again push your fiancé to the side as something else.. some one else became a priority ."

Illumi with his dumb plain expression stood there and thought quietly to himself. "I suppose I can see why you feel that way. I'll ma-"

"Make it up to me?" I rolled my eyes fighting back tears of pure frustration. "That's all you ever tell me illumi. Yet you never do."

"I don't understand why your getting upset."

"Im gonna go illumi." I shook my head not wanting to hear anything else.

"Y/n... please wait ." He said holding my arm. "I'm serious... I wat to make it up to you.  What can I do that will show you I'm serious about making the effort for us to begin."

"Stop putting me last." I yanked my arm back. "Go back to your first." I said disrespectfully .

I walked off leaving illumi confused . Probably kicking himself in the ass but then again he probably still doesn't understand.

But if illumi isn't serious about taking our engagement seriously then I'll just continue to do the same. I won't stand around waiting for him.

So I pulled out my phone. I searched through my phone book and hovered over a specific name.

Hisoka.

"Why not" I thought out loud ..

Me: care to join me for dinner ? Right now?
.

.

I anxiously waited for a reply. Almost instantaneously regretting why I wrote him of all people. The man the scares me..
I checked my phone once he replied..

Hisoka : my my, how the tables have turned.. I'll see you soon.

 I'll see you soon