~13~ Arguments and Halloween

(AuthorNote- I'm skipping Girl meets Crazy Hat, since I can't find a transcript for it. Also it helps the calendar line up....)

"How do you know Lucas?" Farkle demanded. We were sitting in my bedroom again after dinner.

"He goes to school with us... Sits next to us every day." I said, trying to avoid the question.

"You know what I mean Kenzie. You knew him before he came here. How?" He paused. "Unless.... No.... You weren't really in Houston, Texas, were you?"

My mouth felt dry. "N-not exactly no..." I mumbled.

"You were in Austin, Texas where Lucas lived, weren't you?"

"Y-yeah."

"Why didn't you tell me!? Or Maya!? Riley? The Matthews family!? Anyone! Why would you keep this a secret?" He exclaimed.

I paused, taking in a deep breath. "It's not a big deal... I wasn't the same person back in Texas. Lucas wasn't either. Some things happened there that I don't want to talk about."

"Like your mom dying of cancer?" He asked softly.

"Y-yeah." I lied.

"You could have told me you know."

"I'm sorry...." I said, fidgeting with my thumbs.

"You're different now, Kenzie. You may hide it, but I can see it in your eyes. We both know something happened in Texas you're not telling me." He said, looking into my eyes.

"A lot of things happened in Texas." I stated blankly, looking down.

He sighed, frustratedly. "I'm gonna go... See you at school tomorrow..." He said, before climbing out the window.

~<3~

(Nov. 1) "Fear is never a reason for quitting; it is only an excuse" ~ Norman Vincent Peale

Fear. Such a little word with such deep meaning. You can be afraid of literally anything. People are afraid of the dark, clowns, Doctor Who monsters, bugs, the list goes on and on. Yesterday was Halloween, a night based on fear (and candy... Fear and candy). Let me just say that we overcame tons of fears last night.

~<3~

Farkle and I still hadn't talked about last night. You could tell he was upset with me just by looking at him. Speaking of Farkle, he was currently hanging on Mr. Matthews in history class. "No no no no no!" He yelled.

"Let go, Farkle. It's only gym class." Matthews said, trying to get him off.

"They throw things at me!" He yelled back.

"Who?"

"Maya!" Suddenly the sound of thunder filled the room.

Maya shook her head. "I'm the pitcher."

"They make me stand there in front of everybody!"

Riley sighed. "He's the batter."

"There's a guy behind me in a mask!"