Part 1: Second Time Around.

"After the deaths of both Kims, Emperor Kim decided to overtake the thrown of hongdae which brings us to his assassination. It was actually the pivotal point of Hongdae's rise. After he was dethroned they began to thrive under the rule of..."

Jennie sighs as she glances over at the clock. Her history professor has been droning on and on for the last hour and she was losing interest.

"There's a theory that says Empress Kim had a female lover and that's why she never married. Is that true?" Another student raises her hand.

"There is evidence to support that theory but the truth is we will never know for sure." The professer answers.

"Did they ever find the ring?" A guy pipes up.

"No." Her professor shakes his head. "For those of you who don't know what Namjoon is talking about, Empress Kim and her General possessed two very rare rings worth the equivalent of millions. It's become sort of a legend around locals of Hongdae. Some say that its been lost, other believe it was stolen. The list of theories could go on."

"Is it possible that Empress Kim's lover was the General?"

"Again, we can never know for sure. Although it is very likely. Many say that they were incredibly close."

"Is it logical to conclude that maybe she wasn't the virgin queen after all?" Another asks making the class snicker.

"Alright, thats enough conspiracies for the day." The professor smiles. "We can talk about your assignments tomorrow. Excellent discussion today, class dismissed."

•••

"Ugh thank god, I swear I almost fell asleep." Chaeyoung sighs walking out of class with Jennie. "Have you started on the paper yet?"

"No," Jennie answers. "But I think I'll do it about Empress Kim. She seems bad ass." She shrugs.

"I agree." Chaeyoung nods. "I mean she was the only female Empress to have full power of the thrown, she created a nation wide treaty, plus there's a theory she's a lesbian. This paper will write itself." She chuckles.

"Can we go to Riffs? I'm kinda hungry." Jennie says.

"Ugh yes please, I'm starving." Chaeyoung links their arms.

•••

"Kim Jisoo, could I talk to you for a second." Her professor stops her from leaving.

She rolls her eyes before turning back around and walking over to him. "Yes." She answers shortly.

"I uh wanted to talk about your attendance." He reveals her transcript. "You've had 45 absences in this class since the start of second semester."

"Yes. And?" She stares at him.

"...we've had 50 classes." He reiterates.

"What is my current mark in this class Mr. Professor." Jisoo asks.

"Well....you have a 99. The absences are the only deduction on your mark. And How many times do I have to tell you its Mr. Huang or Professor Huang."

"So we have concluded that I am not failing despite the lack of my presence in this room." Jisoo inquires him.

"Yes but—"

"Our meeting is finished." Jisoo nods turning on her heels and exiting the room. Leaving her professor baffled.

The truth was she didn't need to take all these lessons because she's already lived through all the real events. Jisoo was well aware of who she was in her previous life but there were certain details that were too foggy to decipher.