Chapter 43

"Well, what do we have here?" A voice said, startling the both of us.

"You always have the worst timings!" Derick growled at the smug man.

"No that's fine, good timing Issac, this guy needs help, he's feeling horny" (A/N Can I say that word?)

"Yeah he gets like that when he's drunk, come on buddy, let's get you home" Issac cooed.

"I'm not a dog! How dare you talk to me like that? I'm one of the most powerful men in New York! Derick f*cking Reid! I can have you thrown out of this city with the snap of my fingers!"

"Blah blah blah! We get it already! You're some big shot bachelor, who is also a control freak, now shut up and get in the car!" Issac scowled.

He grumbled and crossed his arms across his chest and walked to the car.

I sighed and looked at him before looking back at Issac.
"I'm sorry Issac, I know you're busy"
"It's fine, anything that involves Ricky is a good time, so let me ask, how did he get drunk? And why do you look so hot today?"

"Aren't you curious," I said, getting in the passengers seat.

"I met his dad" I continued after he had gotten on the road.
"Seriously?! I didn't know his dad was back in town"
"He must've forgotten to tell you," I said bitterly.

"Did he also not mention he has a fiancé?" I added.
"What?"
He started slowing down the car and found somewhere to park.
"Where are you going?" I asked, seeing him get out.

"Who is he going to marry?! I can't drive and think! If you know her name tell me!"
"Wow, dude, chill, you're angrier than I was when I found out! her name was Danielle, I never got her last name but-"
"Danielle Martin" he scowled.
"Sure, I guess"
"Blonde hair, angelic smile?"

I looked at Derick and back at him.
"You... you could say that"
"Don't even feel intimidated Julie, God knows she doesn't hold a candle to you"
"Mind telling me a bit about her?"

He looked at me briefly before going back into the car.
"It's not really my place to tell but I'll give you a little insight, how much do you already know?"

"She mentioned once how they were dating for a good few years and how much in love they were and by once I meant the entire time"
"Some people never change huh?"
"Oh and I asked her how their proposal went, the look on her face was priceless!" I laughed.

"So why did you sound so panicked? You seem like you won?"
"I did, but Davis mentioned something a bit unnerving about my dad"
"Do you want to check on him?"
"I'm going to call first"

I pull out my phone and search a number I don't even remember to call without someone reminding me.

Dad.

I take a deep breath and press call.

Please be alright, please be alright, please just tell me he's with family and having a good talk by the fire...

The number you have dialed is currently unavailable or out of range please try again later.

I tried again.

No answer.

"Give me his address" Issac said, sensing my distress.

I gave him the address and waited patiently to get there while I kept trying his phone.

I looked back to see Derick still passed out on the back seat.

This is too much for my heart today.