Chapter 22: The Writing in Blood

I do not own Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets or the Percy Jackson series/characters.

Underlines - Quotes from the book

Parseltongue

"What's going on here? What's going on?" (section deleted) Argus Filch came shouldering his way through the crowd that had been gathering around Harry and his friends. Then he saw Mrs.Norris and fell back, clutching his face in horror. "My cat! My cat! What's happened to Mrs. Norris?" he shrieked.

Harry could feel tears starting to gather in his eyes as he thought about Mrs.Norris and how easily it could've been his cat, Eclipse, or even Draco's cat, Artemis.

Dumbledore had arrived on the scene, followed by a number of other teachers. In seconds, he had swept past Harry, Neville, and Luna and detached Mrs. Norris from the torch bracket. "Come with me, Argus," he said to Filch. "You, too, Mr. Potter, Mr. Longbottom, Miss Lovegood." Lockhart stepped forward eagerly. (- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Page 140)

"My office is nearest, Headmaster — just upstairs — please feel free —"

"Thank you, Gilderoy," said Dumbledore.

The silent crowd parted to let them pass. Lockhart, looking excited and important, hurried after Dumbledore; so did Professors McGonagall and Snape.

As they entered Lockhart's darkened office there was a flurry of movement across the walls; Harry saw several of the Lockharts in the pictures dodging out of sight, their hair in rollers. The real Lockhart lit the candles on his desk and stood back. Dumbledore laid Mrs. Norris on the polished surface and began to examine her.(- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Page 141)

Harry ignored Lockhart's rambling and instead focused his magic on Mrs.Norris, mindful of Dumbledore's own magic running over the cat. With surprising amount of control, Harry kept out of Dumbledore's magic as he blinked in surprise.

Somehow, Mrs.Norris was alive, she just wasn't moving. There was a term on the tip of his tongue that just couldn't be said making him feel frustrated and slightly annoyed as he was sure his Aunt Annabeth has said this word a few times when they say each other.

"She's not dead, Argus," Dumbledore said softly. 

Lockhart stopped abruptly in the middle of counting the number of murders he had prevented.

"Not dead?" choked Filch, looking through his fingers at Mrs.Norris. "But why's she all — all stiff and frozen?"

"She has been Petrified," said Dumbledore ("Ah! I thought so!" said Lockhart). "But how, I cannot say...."(- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Page 142)

Gravely, Dumbledore turned toward Harry and his friends. "While I don't want to, I have to ask if you know anything about what occurred? I'm not saying you done this, no second year could, but did you see of hear anything?" Dumbledore asked as Filch starting crying and petting Mrs.Norris softly.

Harry debated with himself for a minute before deciding to tell the truth. "There was a voice I had been hearing. I thought someone might be playing a trick on me," Harry said with a half-truth, "like maybe a portrait or something and I started following it in case it wasn't lying. It was talking about how hungry it was and that it wanted to kill. By the time I caught up, the voice was gone and we found Mrs.Norris," Harry said softly.

"We must also ask why you weren't at the feast," Professor McGonagall said.

"We were going to head to the kitchens," Harry said, "we figured actual dinner would've been done and I didn't want to eat just desserts for dinner. We came back from this Deathday Party the ghosts were having."